Chapter 38: Disastrous Arrival

The second they landed, Michael regretted doing the feat altogether. They landed at a boardwalk zone, and they all there up over the edge straight away when they landed.

Michael tried to shoot plasma out of his hands but nothing happened. It was gone.

"Never again!" ordered John. "I hated those tacos last night, and the last thing I wanted to do was taste them again!"

April stood wheezing for breath.

The boat was just at the end of the boardwalk. It was white, and looked like a regular cruise ship.

The three of them had no way on though. They hadn't booked any tickets. Michael signalled for the others to come towards them. They waited behind a trash can just outside the line to get into the cruise ship.

Michael picked up a piece of paper from the floor and scrunched it up. Then, he signalled to his friends.

Three, he single with his hands.

Two... Michael raised the paper ball.

One... Michael threw the ball at the guard and then ran away whilst the guard was distracted. They ran onto the cruise ship and sat down on some chairs. They saw that this cruise ship was going to America.

They were going right where they wanted to go.

Michael and the others began to relax. All of a sudden, Michael realised the ugly truth.

"Guys!" said Michael abruptly. "We forgot to bring my dad's journal!"

"No!" cursed John. "Now we'll never find him!"

"Wait," said April. "Where did you find the jet?"

"In the woods with Dr. Macker," recalled Michael.

"And did you explore the woods fully?" asked April slowly.

"No," replied Michael, unsure of where this was heading.

"Dang it Mike!" shouted April. "Dad must've been in the woods with mum!"

"Doubt it," said John. "It would've been far to obvious."

April snorted in annoyance.

Michael thought about this.

"I don't think they were there, but we'll check anyway," said Michael.

as the boat began to pull away, a massive siren filled the air. A jet flew down and landed on the cruise ships helipad.

A voice rang out on the loudspeaker.

"We'd like to see Michael and April Mcgreen now please. And any companions they might have must come now," stated the voice.

All eyes turned to the three of them.

"Well," announced John. "Looks like the Governments found us."