Chapter 32: Crash Landing

The plane crashed into the water with an almighty splash. Waves sprouted out from underneath the boat, causing fish to fly everywhere. The engine of the jet immediately stopped working, causing the plane to begin to sink. All of the occupants frantically opened the door and swam out. When they reached the surface, they all started panting heavily.

They were, by some miracle, alive.

"What was that?" yelled John at Michael. "Jack was a bad pilot but you... you take ebad to a whole new level!"

"Be nice to him," demanded April. "He did save us from the Dragadactyls."

John sighed in anger.

Michael kept silent. He saw no land in sight.

"Well, what do we do now?" John asked. "We can't tread water forever!"

"We have to find shore," said Michael. "There must be emergency rafts inside the boat, right? I'll swim down and try to find one."

Michael was glad he was a good swimmer. He could've treaded water for ages up there. But he knew John couldn't, and April was still very young, so she probably wouldn't have been able to last.

Michael swam inside the jet. He looked in the garage, where he found a small little yellow box. Michael carried it with him up to the surface. Thankfully, it was really light, otherwise he would've drowned.

Michael finally reached the top of the water, and met with everyone else on the surface. The others wear was starting to show. He noticed that April and John's movements were becoming slower, and more forced. They couldn't tread water for much longer. Michael rapidly worked at opening the box. The second he pulled a red inflatable balloon like thing out of the box, it popped out and sprung into full size immediately. Michael was ever thankful for this being so quick, as he had nothing to blow it up with. Michael hoisted April and John on once he had tested the boats durability.

They sat, tired and feeling helpless in the scorching heat. Even though it was night, it felt as if it was a million degrees.

They all agreed to get some sleep.

Michael rolled over and tried to go to sleep, but his body wouldn't allow it. After a matter of minutes, he heard April and Jon's breathing become steady, meaning that they were asleep.

He realised just how stupid this situation was. His dad had managed to survive so long in this jet, and when he got in one? He had killed all chance of survival straight away.

Now they had no food, no water, (Which was ironic since they were surrounded by water, just not any drinkable water) and of course, no shelter.

What a horrible day, thought Michael as tiredness began to overcome him.

He wished that he would wake up tomorrow the happiest man alive, with no Dragosaurs or missing parents to worry about.

But Michael knew in the bottom of his heart that any hope of that happening had been extinguished a long time ago.

What do I do? Thought Michael.

Yet he received no answer.

But Michael had to keep hope. He would row this boat until he found land, and then he would hunt for food and water.

Michael had to do it. He was the new leader of the Resistance 9, and it was time to show some resistance.