Chapter 5: Escape

Dr. Macker hadn't realised how far the criminal had taken him in the car up until now.

"I must be a million miles away from anything!" cursed Dr. Macker aloud.

He had exited the car and was casually walking through farmlands and on dirt roads, trying to find his way to proper American civilisation. As he trudged his way along, he noticed some lorikeets. They chirped wildly. Dr. Macker kept walking. Suddenly, he heard a roar. His heart jumped and pounded in his chest. 

Slowly, he spun around. 

The lorikeets were in pain. A purple cloud was flying into their soul, just like it did to Dr. Macker.

"No!" Dr. Macker shouted, dashing towards the scene. He had to stop the birds from getting the plague.

I'm far too old for this, he thought as he ran.

He clicked his fingers and summoned a flame. He was going to have to kill the birds, or burn where they were so they would fly away. He threw the miniature fire ball straight at the birds. The fire hit them all at once. 

The birds cawed loudly, and then turned to face Dr. Macker. They didn't show any mercy. The lorikeets began to grow. Higher and higher they grew until they were the size of a Raptagon.

"Crap," muttered Dr. Macker.

The birds breathed fire at him. Dr. Macker tried to fight fire with fire, but it didn't work. They simply teleported away, in perfect synch.

"Rats," said Dr. Macker. Anger and fear welled up inside him like a sore blister. He was freaking out. he ran as fast as he could away from the scene, but the birds pounced on him.

Then, they began to fly away, with Dr. Macker as their hostage. He was unconscious and a hundred metres high in the sky. Then, the lorikeets did something of epic proportions. they dropped him. And Dr. Macker began his descend of hundred metres, with no one to catch him.

Dr. Macker shrieked and shrieked as he fell. All of a sudden, he remembered something. He had the plague of the Dragosaurs.

And that can only mean one thing, thought Dr. Macker. I can fly.

As Dr. Macker fell, he pointed his hands towards the ground. Fire shot out of his hands as quick as lightning. He held his hands in that position, when suddenly, just before he hit the ground, he hovered ever so slightly.

Dr. Macker gave a breath of relief.

Thank god! he thought.

Then, he dropped to the ground and kissed it.

Suddenly, he heard a very loud screech. Dr. Macker looked up and in his upmost horror saw one of the gargantuan lorikeets diving straight at him.

"Oh crap!" he yelled. Then, he broke off into a sprint. He dashed towards the run down Jeep that he had left on the dirt road and jumped into it. Then, he slammed his foot on the pedal and drove off, the lorikeets chasing wildly.