Chapter 5:

Emily's POV:

"Aaron?!" I yell again. Nothing. "Where the hell is he!" I yell at the men behind me.

"Don't worry about him," The first man said, shrugging. "It's your turn to go in now. I think you should be more concerned about yourself."

I froze, closing my mouth. I looked back at the door, the night air biting my cheeks. As I stare at the wood, listening for a voice that I knew I wouldn't hear.

"Ok come on sweet cheeks," They say opening the door again, and pushing me forward into the darkness. "Nice knowing you!" They hell, as they shut the door. Locking it firmly.

I close my eyes, trying to get my vision to adjust to the room. I shivered, feeling a weird presence in the room. "She's not going to make it." One says, before their voices fade into the darkness of the woods. Leaving me completely alone.

I turn slowly, looking around me. Trying to make out any shapes in the dark room, getting frustrated as my eyes still try to adjust properly.

"Aaron?" I whisper, stepping farther into the room. As my vision finally began to clear giving me the ablity to look around, I noticed the small crack off light under the door from over my shoulder.

A dusty rocking chair sat in the corner of the room, slowly rocking back and forth. Then from behind I felt a gentle hand wrap around my wrist. I screamed, turning around.

"There you are." A deep, low voice of a man said. His minty breath blowing on my face. "Oh yes, you'll do perfectly." He snickered. I stood still in fright, my heart racing. My head felt dizzy, almost lightheaded. The crisp smell of old wood and concrete made my head pound, making it hard to think.

"W-What h-have you done w-with Aaron?" I whisper, as the man looked me over. His dark gaze not nessesarily lustful, but intreged and on edge. A soild grin creeped across his face.

"Oh I'm taking care of him," He said softly, moving a piece of hair away from my face as he moved in front of me. "Don't worry."

"W-What are you going to d-do to m-me?" I say, a tear rolling down my face. I was trying so hard to stay strong. If there was one thing my father taught me, it was to not show weakness when you need to be strong the most.

I swallowed, trying to keep as calm as I could. When my instincts were to fall to the floor crying, begging to be set free. Making a fool of myself and my dignity.

"Now with you I can't say," He said, forming his lips into a thin line. Snapping me out of my thoughts, with his rought voice. "But the boy.." He trailed off.

"What about him?" I said quickly, my eyes frantically looking around his face.

"He'll be having, what would you say... A little more fun." He smirked. My eyes grew large.

"What have you done to him?" I say, anger beginning to build in my mouth. He stroked my cheek, but I pulled away.

"Maybe you'll have to see for your self." He said, with a tone that seemed like kindness. But I could sense the amusement behind his attempt to comfort me. "Would you like that?"

I hesitated. I wanted more then anything to make sure Aaron was alright, but to follow this man willingly could get me deeper in something I didn't want any part of.

Then Aaron's face flashed into my mind and I guess it was apparent that he was on my mind, cause the man smiled.

"I'm going to take that as a yes."

I slowly nodded, and he grinned wider. Putting his hand on my lower back, he ushered me to the other side of the room. On the wall, was a large painting. He let go of me, and reaching to the side of the painting.

A click came from the back of the painting, and he opened it like a door. The painting was an image of a dark clown on strings. A puppet, hanging up right. The painted grin on it's face, unchanging. Staring at me, I shivered.

"After you." The man said, stepping to the side. I looked into the space of the open door, and hesitantly stepped forward. Old wooden stairs cascaded down into the darkness. Ending with a open door at the bottom.

As I was about to take the first step of the stairs, when I heard an agenizing scream rip through the space of the open door. I jumped back, stumbling.

Pinning myself against the wall, tears rolling down my cheeks. I heard a crack of a whip, echoing up the stairs.The person screamed again. Sobbing for mercy, followed by another scream.

"You still want to see him?"