Chapter 1:

Emily's POV:

"Emily!"

I slide off of the stool, and excused myself from bumping into a few people before reaching the front. I smile as I take my coffee and order from the girl with dark straight hair and lavish amount of lipstick.

"Thank you." I say, sweetly as I open the bag to insure I got the right order.

"Have a nice day." The woman says, as she moves to the next name.

I walk out of the small shop, holding onto my bag tighter as the wind blows roughly.

I look up to the dark storm clouds, as the city becomes covered by the dull overcast whether. A few drops of rain fall on my glasses making me tilt my head down, and move a piece of hair from the corner of my mouth.

I pull my keys out of purse as it starts to rain harder. I click the button multiple times, as my eyes scan the parking lot.

"Come on," I whisper. "Where are you?"

Then I see it. The flashes of my car unlocking the doors. I run to it, and hurry into the drivers side. I close the door hard behind me, as thunder begins boom in the clouds.

I drive down the street, occasionally making a stop for the flooding in the roads. A few blocks later the rain is really pouring now. I turn right at the light, speeding past houses before turning left towards my apartment at the top of the hill.

"I'm coming Tiki." I say, thinking of my little yorkie puppy. I smile softly as I think of her running around the house, finding all of the weirdest places to hide from the storm in.

My car started to slow, and I cursed. I pulled my car to the side of the road, as it stops completely. I turn it off, and run my hands through my wet hair. Of all the times to have car trouble.

I grab my things and step into the rain. I slam the door, and point my keys towards it clicking the lock button.

I pull my coat closer as I look both ways, and cross the road. I step onto the sidewalk, and sigh as I make my way up the hill.

I was only walking a few minutes when I heard the crunching of gravel behind me. The crunching was slow, and close. I turned around, with eyes wide I licked my lips as I picked up my pace.

The van got closer, slowly keeping speed with me. I walked faster. They sped up. I dropped all of my things, now sprinting up the hill.

They followed me. They stopped momentarily, and the door opened. The white van started up again, with two men walking along side it. They broke into a run. I ran faster. And so did they. Getting closer by the second.

Then I felt fingers grab onto the ends of my hair, yanking me back. I would have screamed, but my mouth was met with a large hand.

I panicked, twisting and pushing away from them. One held my arms behind my back, while the other hand one hand over my mouth and and grabbed my legs.

They carried me towards the van, as I jolted around in their grip.

"If you don't want to get hurt," The man said behind me. "You will hold still!" He said, tightening his grip. Tears rolled down my cheeks as the driver hopped out of the van, and opened the back door.

Once we reached the opening, they quickly put my wrists and ankles in zip ties. Placed a piece of duck tape over my mouth and carried me in.

They laid me next to another person, on the ground. He lay motionless, with his eyes closed and slow breaths coming from his nose. He had a cut above his eyebrow, he must have fought pretty hard to not be taken. He was unconscious as a result. The men hopped out of the back, and slammed the door. Leaving us in the dark.

I closed my eyes, as tears from my cheeks dropped onto the steel floor. I opened them again, looking at the man next to me. He looked my age. I nudged his nose with my forehead, to see if I could wake him up. Nothing.

I scooted closer to him, placing my cheek against his chest. Taking what ever comfort I could get myself. I needed to keep a level head, if I was going to escape. If we were going to escape. I tried to keep calm, but in reality I was terrified. I focused on his breathing against the back of my neck, and I closed my eyes again. At least he didn't have to feel scared.