Chapter 11: memories, part 1

Chapter 11

-

Joker looked at the opening door. There was no one behind it. He gets up from the floor and cautiously walked over to the door. "Who dares to interrupt me and my angel's time?" he growls the words out. "I'll be right back baby, stay here." He spoke to the room behind him, the place where he believed Harley's ghost was floating around. Harley was always there with him. As soon as the joker stepped out of the room, he felt the barrel of a gun being pressed against the side of his head. "Stop right there, clown." A female voice. He looked at the woman and grinned. He didn't recognize her, but he was going to play games. He scanned the woman up and down. Her long brown hair, the casual clothes she was wearing. "Want me to do it for you, sweetcakes?"  he licked his metal teeth and grabs his own gun. To the woman's surprise, the joker didn't shoot her. He put the gun against his own head. "Everything to be reunited with my pumpkin." He said with a large, psychotic grin. "you didn't see that one coming did you?" he laughed loudly. "that one is always a K I L L E R." he takes the safety of the gun and watches the expression on the woman's face change. She pulled her gun away, knowing she needed the joker alive.

In the hospital, Harley was running through random corridors. She had no idea what was happening to her. Before she knew it, she felt two small stabs in her back. She stopped running and stood still in front on the stairs. She pulled two small darts out of her back. "oh.." she mumbled before she slowly saw her vision turning back. Of course they would use stun darts on her.. they just used enough to bring a large animal down. She felt her head spinning before she started to fall down the stairs. She didn't fall hard, but her head hit the ground. She was laying on her stomach, knocked out. Two large security guards picked her up and they followed a doctor to a new room, a room with a large lock this time. They didn't  know when Harley would wake up, but when she would they were sure she would try to get out of the hospital.

Joker looked over the woman's shoulder and lowered the gun. This time he did see a recognizable face; Poison Ivy. He recognized those piercing eyes, the long red hair and obviously her green, plant-like clothes. "Ivy." The joker grinned at her. "Isn't it just pleasant to see you again." Ivy didn't react at all, she just ignored his words. "Tie him up, we have to bring him to Waller, if we don't deliver we will land in prison." She didn't seem like she was having fun at all. She walked closer to the joker and put her hand in her sides. "Listen up, clown. The only reason I never turned you in before was because of Harley. Now Harley is gone.." ivy swallowed thickly and quickly regained herself. The death of Harley was painful for her. "Now Harley is gone, so I have every reason to turn you in." ivy's sidekick pushed the joker out of the building and towards a regular van. Ivy slowly walks after them. After that, joker was injected and he didn't wake up for a long time.

It had been two weeks since Harley had been stun and the joker had been injected. Harley slowly opened her eyes, staring right into a bright light. She squeezed her eyes shut again. "harleen can you hear me?" a voice; manly voice. Harley turns her head to the side and blinks a few times. "am I Harleen?" she asked. To her great terror, she knew nothing about herself. Apparently her name was harleen. "yes harleen. We're gonna show you parts of you past, you will soon remember everything again." The doctor smiles at her and grabs a few books, a file and some pictures. He handed them to Harley. "You're going to spend the coming few days reading this. You will remember everything again." What Harley didn't know, was that they erased her past as Harley completely. Only harleen existed in the stuff they gave her. "not it's time for a little hair dye harleen, and we will give you makeup for when you're going back on the street." The doctor took her hand and he took the confused Harley out of the bed.

The joker had woken up two days after he got injected. He quickly realized he was back home. With home he meant the Arkham Asylum. the place he knew better than almost anything else. He looked around the cell and grinned. Same sort of bed, same sort of everything. He laughed a bit and got up from the bed he was laying on. The place brought back memories, memories of how he had met. Memories of doctor harleen quinzel, the first woman he had felt attracted to in a long time. When she became Harley that attraction turned into need, and that need turned into love, even though the joker didn't often admit that he loves Harley as much as he does.