Prologue

Prologue

-

It was after the squad had defeated Enchantress and her brother. Every single squad member had taken his time to mourn over the loss of El Diablo, who they had all started to enjoy being around. The squad members had all done their wishes. Killer Croc got his flat screen TV, Floyd got to spent some time with his daughter and Harley got her coffee machine.

Harley was sitting in her cell with a book in her hands. It has been some time since she had been locked up again, and she had a feeling that she will be there for a very long time. There was no way she would be able to escape her cell, and there was also no one out there that would want to save her, at least, that's what she thought.

She really believed the joker died that day their chopper crashed.. without her in it. He had told her they would go together, but in the end she was the only one tumbling down onto that roof, and he had been the one that went down with the chopper.

Harley was spending her days reading, drinking coffee, sleeping and eating, not knowing that the joker was alive and already had a plan to get her out of prison.

The joker and his men were on their way, not hesitant to take some lives in the progress of saving Harley. They were all heavily armed with machineguns and bombs. They arrived at Belle Reve Prison in no time and quickly made it through the outer defenses of the prison. The Joker was leading the group himself, determined to get his girl back, to get Harley back.

He had been so close that day and she slipped right though his fingers. He could still hit himself for letting it happen. They stormed the control room and quickly got every single staff member on their knees. The Joker held his gun against a men's neck. "Where is she?!" He asked while pushing the gun harder against the man's skin. "Where's Harley?!" The man didn't hesitate for even a second. "She's in the middle of the p-prison.. protected by tons of guards and different security techniques.." The man said while shaking. The Joker knew enough and dropped the man on the ground. One of his henchmen shot the staff member through the head.

The Joker continued his way through the complex, until he knew he was there. Giant steel doors. Thick walls. Harley was in there, he knew it. He placed a bomb on the door and everyone took cover.

Harley put her book down and stood op from her bed. She places her cup under the coffee machine and waits on it to fill her cup. She looks up at the ceiling and sighs. Before she knew it, a loud explosion sounded in the usually quiet room. Harley let out a scream and quickly made herself small.

Smoke filled up the room and kept her from seeing anything. A group of men entered the room and started shooting at all the guards around the cell. Harley dove into the corner of her cell and kept watching then as one started breaking the lock of her cell with a saw.

They opened the door and one of the men walked towards her. She could hear his loud breathing. She watched him take off his mask, and once she could see his face she started to smile. "Puddin!" she jumped up and ran into the Joker's arms.

Once the Joker was in Harley's cell and had taken off his mask, all he wanted to see was her reaction. When she jumped into his arms, he embraced her. "Let's go home.." he tells her. He feels Harley nod slightly. "I..I thought you were dead.." he heard Harley say, her voice broke mid sentence. He pulled slightly away and met Harley's smile. "You and me, Pumpkin, this time I'm not losing you." after those words, Harley pulled their lips together in a loving kiss. He didn't push her away, he just kissed her back with all his love for her. "c'mon Harls, time to go." he took a tight hold of her hand and guided her out of her cell, into the freedom Harley had longed for. Protected by the joker's men, they made their way out of Belle Reve prison.

Harley was shoveling forwards on her fluffy, pink slippers. Joker swiftly lifts Harley from the ground, carrying her bridal style, and ran towards their chopper, closely followed by his own henchmen. Joker put Harley down on one of the seats and sat down next to her. Once everyone was seated and strapped in, the pilot of the chopper flew them off, back to Gotham city, back home.

Harley leans against the Joker the entire flight home, tightly holding his hand, on her way back to her old life with him.