Dream a Little Dream (Inception: Arthur/Dom) For Me (Chapter Five)

Start from the beginning

“Please, Eames, do this, do that,” Eames muttered quite loudly, but went back anyways. “Alright, alright. So obviously what we’re doing is extremely dangerous. And Dom hasn’t been getting much progress from the newbies in self defense with guns, so he’s decided to partner us up, so that no matter what, we’ll always have someone with us.” Eames patted his pockets for something. “Ah, Dom, do you – “

“Here,” Arthur passed forward a piece of paper. Eames took it and smoothed it out.

“Alright, here we go. Fortunately Chandler is alright with a gun, so we’ve put him with Cassie.”

I waggled my eyebrows at her, and she scowled at me. But still, she couldn’t hold back a smile. Eames ignored us, continuing.

“Anna, you’re with Arthur. Ariadne’s with me, and Alexia, you’re with Dom. Yusef will not be joining us in the dream, and most likely, Richard will hang out with Dom and Alexia, since Dom seems to think he is almighty and can do everything.”

“Maybe I should watch Cassie and Chandler too,” Arthur said. He leaned forward on his knees, arms crossed. “They’re new to this.”

“Chandler can handle himself, and I’m sure Cassie will be fine with him,” Dom said firmly. “Eames, continue.”

The meeting went on with pointless banter. The time spent on talking was somewhat stilted, as we needed Yusef present, and also Richard to finalize the plans. The dream was to take place in two weeks, in this very room. Eames was hard at work getting defense ready, since we’d be faced with much harder things down in Limbo, according to Dom.

I couldn’t help but silently worry about Robert Fischer’s mental health. Surely going this deep into his mind couldn’t be good for him. And it was the second time that Robert would be down in Limbo, since he too would be technically joining us. A fact that everyone seemed to be ignoring.

“Arthur, Arthur, can I talk to you?”

The dark haired man paused, glancing over his shoulder at me with the same brooding expression he wears when he’s deep in thought. I jogged forward, and his face relaxed slightly.

“What is it?”

“What are we going to do with Robert when we get in there?”

He pursed his lips in a puzzled frown. “Well, I suppose he’ll just hang about. The defense isn’t going to hurt him, so we don’t need to protect him. However…we do need to get the idea in his head.”

“Which is…?”

“To buy out another large company – we don’t know the name yet. Evidently it’s owned by Richard Prince, but the company is doing badly. If Robert buys it, it’ll put Richard in a good place. I think that the idea planting is just a ploy to get into the dream world, though.”

“Hm,” I continued walking in the direction that Arthur had been heading. He kept up with me easily, long legs much longer than mine. “It seems a little sketchy to me.”

“This whole job is sketchy,” he pointed out dryly. I rolled my eyes.

“Wow, thank you. I didn’t know that.”

“You don’t know a lot.”

“Neither do you.”

“So tell me something I don’t know,” he said. I looked forward. I didn’t know what he meant, or even if he was being serious. Of course, Arthur was always serious, so it was most likely that he actually did want me to say something he didn’t know.

“Like what?”

“Something about you. You came in here, and we brought you in, but we really don’t know anything about you. Why France?”