"Mom," Atom said, after staring at little Katerina for a tad bit too long. "Can you please turn off your Gift for a while?"

"Why?"

"I think . . .  I'll explain later. Please?"

"Okay."

Katerina saw Dylan nod, and she knew that it was time. With a smile, she eagerly climbed down her tall chair and gave the flower jewelries to Atom, the pretty lady and the man with summer eyes.

"They made it for you."

The pretty lady's smile faded. "They?"

Katerina watched Dylan and Jeremy as they silently slipped out of the room. No one but her seemed to notice. Dylan even sent her a small wave and mouthed his thanks.

They were finally saying goodbye.

"They said they love you."

And then, after a heartbeat, Atom cried.

* * *

It had been eight years since their future together started.

After the tsunami, the Gifted survivors were counted to be fewer than a hundred, and from the original number of close to a thousand, only three hundred of the NonGifted agents lived. About half of the Light were wiped out.

The Light and Creed called a truce, and peace finally emerged after decades of ruin and suffering. The once enemies learned to forgive each other for the sake of the generations to come. Together, they united to build a stronger fortress. The two organizations merged to become the single most powerful entity on the planet, the Academy.

Instead of solely relying on the trade of assassination, the Creeds and the Underwoods brought to life projects that would allow other Gifted to cultivate their powers on innovative ways. Children were reared to learn control over their powers, as well as discipline, and upon adulthood, they would be given a chance to choose. To join the Military or the Front.

Abcidee Faye Creed was the Academy's first chairman . . . chairwoman. She worked and refined and polished the policies and the culture both inside and out for five years. Her legacy was to be remembered for decades and centuries to come, and the lasting change she brought would forever change the life of all Gifted.

She would be written in history as the woman who discovered the Paradox of Gifts. The basic laws that governed their powers. That in every Gift, there were two sides of them, like sides of a coin, light and dark, yin and yang.

Faye Creed and Gneiss Underwood officially became a couple after months and months of late movie nights, Ferris wheel rides, opera watching, wind surfing and a lot of cuddling and making out. They had a not-so-simple wedding in the wonderful island of Nido in Palawan, Philippines, under the suggestion of their close family friend, the world class surgeon Rafaello Ruiz. They had a honeymoon cruise using a yacht especially designed by another close friend, the multi-credited engineering specialist and inventor Arashi Katsuragi. The then thirteen year old Cameron "Atom" Underwood was the ring bearer.

Meric, Kreuz, Vladimir, Denna, Richard . . . family and friends that had touched Faye's and Gneiss' lives were present, happy to celebrate a union of two people who had found true love.

However, unlike in most stories, theirs didn't have a fairy tale ending.

Seven months after the wedding, Faye miscarried their first child. After two years of trying, she gave birth to a still born. She had to undergo an operation to remove the tumor growing inside of her.

As Faye refused to use a surrogate mother, they would never have children of their own.

Vladimir soon succumbed to old age, and was buried together with his wife and daughters at the main island of the former HQ.

A year later, it was found out that Kreuz had developed a serious heart condition. He died a peaceful death nine weeks after.

But some good things had happened too.

Ivan and his family were recognized and publicly acknowledged as the last of the ancient royal bloodline of Ilyinskys. Atom was adopted by Faye and Gneiss and had proven himself a good, albeit a little naughty, son. Arashi earned several science and engineering degrees for himself and settled to work for the FBI during his free time.

Aside from being a restaurant owner, Faye turned out to be the perfect housewife, although she might or might not be spending a bit too much on her wardrobe and the kitchen.

As for Gneiss, he found out that he had another hobby other than kissing and adoring his wife : he liked singing. . . and dancing with her under the rain.

This was a verse from the song he serenaded her with the day they celebrated their twenty-fifth anniversary.

"'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all of you, oh"

Letting her go was both the best and worst mistake I made in my life. But I never regretted the things I did. If not, I would have never realized that it was her who makes me complete.

Together, we're complete

This is our happily ever after.

THE END

First and foremost, THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SUPPORTING THIS SERIES <3 

If it isn't too much to ask, since this is posted for free here in Wattpad . . . can you vote? Or leave a comment? Even a smiley will make me happy. Better yet, share this story to at least one friend. *u* Thank you.

I am just a simple girl with a simple life, and everything changed the moment readers started loving my stories. I am astonished with the amount of love that this story is receiving. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I hope you are not disappointed with this Epilogue. It took me several tries to write this. It may not be the best ending out there, but this is the ending that I think my characters deserved.

If you have any questions, comments, suggestion, just tell me. Okay? ^-^) I reply.