Number Four

“Time passes, memories fade, feelings change, people leave… but the heart never forgets.”

 Number Four

Dangerous. Krad was cruel and dangerous. As much as she feared for her life, she feared more the pain that would come when Krad deem it time to kill her. It was not going to be a quick one, she understood. But why? Why would they want to deliver her… head on her dad’s footsteps? Could these men hate him, and was using her because she was Kreuz’s daughter?

Kreuz Reeds was a simple man, a single father working as a middle-income real estate agent to support himself and Abcidee. He was neither rich nor influential. He was boring, actually. He liked to stay home during his free time. He enjoyed doing house chores and running and reading books and spoiling her. The only flaw she could say about the man was that he was too overprotective of her – to the point that he wouldn’t even allow her to take a part time job.

Why would anyone hate a man like him?

Holding her elbow, Krad dragged her after glaring at his men. It hurt, but she didn’t complain. She would die. Why waste her energy? She smiled at the injustice. She was going to die a sorry death, and she wouldn’t even get to know why.

 “Where are we going?” she asked quietly when they arrived inside what appeared to be a very huge garage. Or should she call it a hangar? She eyed the row of assorted cars that without doubt were stolen.

Krad didn’t reply. Instead, he looked around the place as if searching for something.

Finally free of his hold, she noticed the bruises around her upper arm, and she gently massaged the area to diffuse the numbness. They were ugly, purplish blotches that were a day old, and it reminded her that she was forcefully taken by these brutes. Krad was the leader of these men. He was a savage beast.

She wanted to cry, but she couldn’t let her walls down. Not if she was to have a chance to leave this place.

Her voice was unusually calm, as if she was commenting about the coffee smudge on his shirt. “Are you going to kill me now?”

Krad stopped midstride and took in her shivering frame, the only thing betraying her fear. His mouth thinned into a line.

Wordlessly, he picked up a long polyester rope and tied her arms behind her. His tone was passive as he pushed her to the passenger seat of a nondescript silver car. “There are cameras in the area. Don’t try anything funny.”

“Don’t take me as a fool,” she bit cheekily. She swallowed her saliva when she saw his livid expression. “What’s the point of me running? Before I even take a step, you would have gotten me anyway.”

The corner of his mouth lifted a little, a feeble attempt to show his amusement.

Krad took a remote and opened the garage door before slipping into the driver’s seat. He fished his pockets for a rectangular device with blinking blue lights. It let out a tiny beep, and the lights turned to gold. Cleared. With a sigh, he pulled out of the building and sped once he hit the road.

He checked his watch.

“We have fifteen minutes to pull this off,” he muttered grimly, his shoulders tense. He took one deep breath and noisily released it through his mouth. “They will be hot on our heels in five.”

Abcidee stared blankly at him.

He lifted a brow. “You can untie the knot if you rotate your right wrist counterclockwise, or if you prefer, you could use your Gift. Whatever suits you.”