Number Thirteen

People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used.

Number Thirteen

Rael hastily ran towards the second floor with his sniping bag in hand, cursing in Filipino as he reached his position by the windows. It was a nightmare all over again. From the room beside where he was, Krad was already on the roll. Each time Rael heard a gunshot fired, one man fell. Not moving. Not breathing. Dead with a single bullet.

Yeah, it should have been awesome… if only this wasn’t real life.

He sighed, and like the trained agent he was, aimed at the men sneakily hiding behind the trees.

Sniping was the least of his preferred measures of killing, not that he had a favorite.

Guns made him feel like God. So powerful. Like he was untouchable. Behind the safety of the weapon, he felt like he did indeed had a right to steal people’s lives, and that, in itself, wasn’t a very welcomed feeling. He would rather kill a person within striking distance, so that he could carry the guilt of his death on his conscience. But like this… it was as if he were target shooting mere dolls the way bodies crumpled to the ground–

There was someone behind Rael.

Before he could even turn his head, he was hit with something hard and heavy at the base of his neck. He slumped unconscious on the floor, bleeding. The transgressor took his ankles and dragged him to the stairs, before carrying him fireman style to the kitchen. Rael’s limp body fell down into the trapdoor under the refrigerator. A suitcase and a few smaller articles fell in as well before the hole closed, leaving him there for good as the other person burned the entire house down.

Krad was greeted with a scowl when he entered the black SUV parked behind the rows of trees. Richard already had sparks forming on his clenched fist. The moment Krad settled on his seat, the younger man punched him in the face. It was thrice as strong as a normal human’s. Krad tasted blood in his mouth, but instead of hitting back, he let out a dry chuckle.

With his thumb, he wiped the blood from his lips.

"You can do better than that, half-brother."

His pale blue eyes challenged the dark green eyes that were the exact replica of their father's. He smirked condescendingly, aware how much that gesture irked the other blonde.

Richard Underwood grudgingly pulled back, knowing that their father's favor was on his older brother, not on him, the bastard son. But someday, he would prove to Falcon that he was the better of the two. But for now, he would play nice and wait.

“You came at the perfect timing.” Krad tucked his gun inside his jacket, effectively dismissing his violent greeting as trivial. “Atom was just about to fold.”

“I didn’t ask.” Richard pulled out sharply into the road, his expression irritated. “Your plan wasn’t very nice. You know how expensive it is to hire men.”

"At least, they're not Gifted," Krad shot back as he flexed his sore muscles.

You are not Gifted yourself! "Did you get into Creed?"

"They trust me."

“The minder-reader?”

“He’s with us.”

"The Filipino?"

"Fooled."

"The layouts and blueprints?"

"With them."

"Good," Richard sneered. "I can’t wait to see their faces once they realized it’s a trap. They're dead meat."

Krad let out a yawn, too tired to even voice out his own satisfaction. He did execute the plan that he initially thought was impossible. "That, they are.”

“Where to now?”

His smart phone in hand, he briefly scanned his emails, as well as the other documents that Creed would find discriminating. He deleted them, making sure that no one other than Atom and himself knew of their existence. “Bring me to Chicago. From there, I’m going to their HQ. You’ll probably hear next from me in a month or so. Just prepare the men.”

Despite his hatred for his half-sibling, Richard forced a not-too-snotty, “Of course, Krad." But deep inside, he was seething. He should be the one to make Falcon proud, not him! Not only was he more powerful; he was also smarter, more cunning, and more devious than his UnGifted brother. At least I know his Achilles’ heel.

One step ahead. He had Faye Summers as his final card, and as long as he has her, he could turn the tides of victory.

In the end, he would win over his father’s love.

Falcon would be proud.

 Yo! I'm sorry if this is quite lacking in length. I thought of writing a longer one, but I was like, MEH. It's good to end it this way.

Oh! And also, I just finished with the EDITING of some scenes...  

1) Arashi saw Faye being kidnapped

2) Krad let Faye talk to Kreuz inside his car as they were escaping from the Light

Those and some more, but the story line didn't change that much

I hope you enjoyed this and you wouldn't hate Krad that much. Look forward to the next upload. 

~~ Signing off ~~