The final Battle!

Chapter 22 (The Final Battle)

Inuyasha's POV

We hurried along to catch up with the black clouds up ahead of us, followed by Naraku's insects.

It was weird to just follow your enemy all the way to the area where you would face them. But I was glad, because then nobody would get hurt. Except for the people that were with me today.

Miroku and Sango were here, followed along with Shippo, the fox demon. I was pretty sure he wouldn't join in on the battle field, but observe from behind the scenes so that one day he would know strategy to defeat his enemies.

Kohaku was with us. I could see him up farther ahead than the rest of the group, speaking with Sakura. Even if we were going into battle, they still seemed to have a nice conversation to cheer themselves up.

I was then having thoughts about how Kohaku could help to protect Sakura. I hope he stays by her side. It would give me comfort if he did so.

Then there was Kikyo. I didn't see her return to the village until Sakura came to grab the whole group. It turned out Kikyo was there and was waiting anxiously to go.

Koga was with us too and was talking with Kagome, flirting with her like he always does.

I wondered what Sakura and Koga were doing when they left?

It was really bad timing to get my feelings mixed up with Kagome, especially now that we were heading to face all our enemies.

I wish I could talk to her again, or maybe apologies, but now it was too late, she won't even say anything to me.

When I looked at everybody that I knew. I realized that we were all affected by Naraku. For us to be here means everything of what we've been doing. Every fight, every life, everyone here has grown stronger just to hunt down our main target, the core to our struggles, the enemy.

I am hoping that today we will settle this once and for all, and that way I could feel relaxed and not agitated to go find him every single day of my life!

We weren't just going to defeat him because of a grudge, or that we wanted revenge. We didn't want anyone, not even our future children, to suffer like we did, to have this feeling or cursed body from their own generations kind, no! Never do I want someone to EVER feel like this!

I clutched my sword that is tied to my waist.

Just you wait Naraku, we will have stop you from hurting another innocent soul!

We arrived at the mountain and I could feel the atmosphere intensifying as we approach closer to our destination.

Nobody is speaking now and the conversation Sakura and Kohaku were having stopped.

We are more cautious and sweat breaks out across my forehead.

Then we are at the top, and just as expected there is 'he' with the barrier circling around him. His eerie smile haunts us all.

"Welcome, glad to see you"

***

Sakura's POV

I plant my feet firmly on the ground and sum up my courage to face him in the eye.

"Naraku." I spat. "We are all hear now to stop you for whatever you are trying to accomplish here in this mountain."

I pause to make my voice steady.

"For over fifty years! No- even for longer, you have tortured the innocents out of pleasure and had ruined the lives of so many, and have also ended others. You even even went as far as to destroy yourself and your own kind! But today we will take the sacred jewel shards and put you to an end so that nobody could ever get hurt again as you did to these people."