Chapter 13

Judy finished explaining the plan to everyone, a few asked questions and I left Judy to answer them. I walked back to my office and looked at my computer screen, my eyes were probably red because they were stinging from how long I had been staring at the screen. My eyes stayed on the screen as Nick walked in, I didn't notice until he pulled my chair out and stood between me and my computer. "Nick." I whined and he hushed me as I wrapped my arms around his waist. He patted my head softly and I snuggled against him, my eyes closed and I smiled at the sensation. "Love you've been working hard enough, okay? We've got our lead, we can't do anything else until the day he attacks." He said and I nodded. I opened my eyes and looked up at Nick, he was smiling down at me. I stood up and straightened my skirt, "How about we go get some coffee and then go back to your place to rest?" Nick asked and I folded my arms, "Nick what if they need us?" I asked and he pulled out his phone, "Judy is here, and I have my phone." He said and I sighed. "Sure, let's go Nick." I said and he smiled, he held out his paw and I took it happily. We walked out my office and Nick lead me to the nearest coffee shop. "What do you want love?" He asked and I stared at the menu. "Hmmm." I said and Nick wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close. "I'll have whatever you're having." I said to him smiling, "Okay then." He said as he placed our order and I smiled when I realized he ordered my favorite coffee. We eventually got our cups and thanked the pig behind the counter. We sat at a table and enjoyed our coffee, "Babe, you really need to get some rest." Nick said and I rubbed my eyes. "Nick, I'm a detective. Rest isn't my thing." I said and he rolled his eyes. "Yeah? Well you're gonna get sick." He said and I took a sip of my drink, "Please, just promise when we get home you'll get some rest." He said and I nodded. "Promise me you'll stay by me." I said to him and he smiled. "You don't have to worry about me leaving." He replied while taking a sip of his coffee and I smiled. I felt my eyes get heavy, "Uh, Nick this coffee isn't working." I said with a giggle. Nick took my cup and left to throw the two cups away, when he returned he grabbed my hand and lead me back to my apartment complex. We rode the elevator up to my apartment and Nick lead me to the door and unlocked it. I walked over to the sofa and fell face first, "Oh no you don't, you're getting proper rest!" Nick said and I groaned. Nick walked over to me and I rolled over to look up at him, "C'mon love." He said and I closed my eyes and turned around. Nick sighed and wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up. "Nick!" I growled and he laughed. "What are you gonna do?" He asked laughing and I sighed. "Cause I can do this!" He said as he threw me over his shoulder and began to tickle my sides. I screamed and laughed as he continued to tickle me and walk with me to our room. Once we reached the room he put me on the bed and I sighed happily and quickly climbed under the covers. Nick smiled down at me and climbed into bed next to me. "Come here you little gum drop." Next said as he pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around me. "I love you." I said as I snuggled into his chest and he kissed my forehead. "I love you too, now get some sleep." He said rubbing the back of my head and I smiled as I cuddled into his chest. My eyes slowly shut and tiredness overcame me as Nick slowly helped me fall asleep. I felt him kiss me softly before I fell asleep completely.