19. | [exo concert]

I was looking at the sky with empty eyes and the fans around me kept screaming. My heart was racing in my chest and my hands were shaking. At first I didn't care, even if the media somehow managed to find out who I was and everybody seemed to hate me. The cruel words of the fans who circled me on the street were still just words until they brought up my mother. I tried to tell myself they didn't really mean it, that they were just angry because they thought I stole their idol Baekhyun away from them, but each insult became like a knife to the heart.

They said my mother was one of the worst idols ever. That she had no talent. That the world was better of without her.

I closed my eyes and tears fell down my cheeks. In my mind I kept screaming that wasn't true and I wanted to tell them to stop being so mean, but I remembered how one of the rules of my job was to never start an argument with a fan, because at the end of the day I was still just a cleaning lady and me, my emotions and my pride weren't even nearly as important as the idol that they loved. It felt like the public humiliation was going on forever and my eyes were still puffy and red from crying when I came to work.

Baekhyun who was waiting for me in the reception room stared in shock when I silently walked past him. It seemed like he wanted to talk about something, but I really didn't want to face him in the state I was in at the moment. I didn't want anyone to see that I, the always serious and mean Seol also cried sometimes, so I locked myself in the supply closet and quietly sobbed for half an hour on my own. After I let out all my pain and hurt, I grabbed my broom and went to work like nothing ever happened.

'' You won't have to do any more appearances with me. ''

I raised my head at the sound of Baekhyun's voice and turned around with surprise. His face was serious and his eyes were cold. He was standing a few meters away with his arms crossed on his chest and avoiding to look at me. '' I found out what happened to you this morning and I realized I should've never dragged you in to this. I'm sorry, but don't worry, because I will make sure you don't get hurt ever again. ''

'' Bacon- ''

I raised my hand in his direction and my eyes widened with shock when he turned around and walked away. I stared after him with surprise and my heart was racing in my chest.

Did I just get broken up with? 

I quickly shook my head and reminded myself that we weren't even dating. Then I shrugged to myself, thinking he was just being an idiot and he will stop being a drama queen soon. It was true that the humiliation of this morning wasn't particularly nice, but it wasn't something that I couldn't handle. I was one of those persistent people and I was sure I could make the fans like me, but Baekhyun already seemed to have made the decision for me, because when I tried to go talk to him, the other members of EXO said he didn't want to see me.

It surprised me how he just pushed me away. A few days passed and it was like he completely disappeared out of my life. The scary thing was that things were completely the same as before we met each other on that rooftop a while ago. I was perfectly happy back then, but now that he was gone it suddenly felt like there was something important missing. I missed the sound of his laughter, his clever comebacks to my insults and the way his dark eyes shined in the sunlight.

Life without Baekhyun was starting to drive me crazy and one day I decided I had enough of it. I was really angry and I was about to brake down the door of the bedroom he locked himself in to, when Sehun dragged me out of their dorms. He managed to convince me not to do it when he reminded me it would probably get me fired and I clenched my fingers in to fists and punched the wall instead. '' Noodle, you are friends with Baekhyun, so tell me what is happening. How long is he planning to ignore me like this? I tried to text him yesterday and do you know what he replied to me? New phone, who this. ''