17. | [ice skate rink]

'' Are you dating EXO's Byun Baekhyun? ''

'' What? '' I blurted out before I quickly shook my head and corrected myself. '' Excuse me? ''

I was standing in front of one of EXO's managers and he was staring at me with a deathly serious expression on his face, while I was looking back at him with my mouth open in shock. It was an ordinary day of cleaning at the dorms and now all of the sudden here I was, standing there with a broom in my hands and listening to how it didn't say in my contract that I wasn't allowed to have a relationship with any of the idols, but that I should remember how it was always them who came first before anything else. Staying confidential was a must, arguing with the fans wasn't allowed and their career was more important than my miserable life will ever be.

I nervously ran through my orange hair with my hand and asked: '' Why are you telling me all this? I said I am not dating him. ''

The manager's face stayed blank and emotionless. '' You probably heard some of the latest news about EXO and Baekhyun. The fans love the drama centering his supposed new girlfriend. Chanyeol saying something about a girl with orange hair, him crying on stage how he missed someone and was lonely recently and Sehun mentioning on a fan interview how his new girl has been ignoring him, all of that has made him a lot more popular, but there hasn't been anything new recently. That's why we want him to get photographed going on a date with someone. ''

I thoughtfully nodded and muttered: '' I understand. It is a good idea. The fans love this kind of drama. ''

The manager suddenly smiled and told me: '' I am happy to see you agree because Baekhyun said that he already knows the perfect person to help him. ''

I frowned and tilted my head to the side with confusion. Then realization suddenly hit me and my eyes slowly widened with anger. My eyebrow started twitching and I gritted with my teeth. '' He said that? ''

The manager didn't even ask me if I really wanted to do it, he only told me to leave work early today, get ready and wait in the reception room of the dorms at eight and to not be late. I was left standing alone in the hallway with a completely stunned expression on my face. Then I tightened my grip on my broom, my eyes narrowed in annoyance and I walked straight to the EXO dorm.

The guys were watching one of their performances and laughing about how Kyungsoo was made to do something embarrassing on stage again. They turned their heads when I slammed the door open and looked at me with surprise. A newly pink haired Baekhyun instantly knew why I was here and why I was angry and tried to hide behind Chanyeol, while I pointed in their direction and furiously said: '' You should really stop forcing Satansoo to do things on stage. No wonder why he hates all of you. But that's not why I'm here. Park Optimistic, get out of my way. ''

Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun in my direction and everybody watched how he nervously smiled and defensively raised his hands in front of him. '' Seol, I can explain. ''

Sehun's eyes grew wide with curiosity. '' She is finally going to spank someone with that broom of hers. ''

'' Stay out of this, '' I hissed and pointed at him with my broom before I glared at Baekhyun again. '' Care to explain why you thought I would love to take part in your publicity stunt? Couldn't you find another ginger girl? Where are we even going? ''

His eyes shined and he happily asked: '' So what I'm hearing is that you said yes? We are going ice skating. ''

I scowled and crossed my arms. '' How much worse can you be. I hate ice skating. ''

'' I love ice skating and we already rented an entire ice skating rink, so deal with it, '' he snapped back and scrunched up his nose.

I raised my eyebrows at his tone. My voice clearly showed how angry I was when I pursed my lips and muttered: '' I am the girl here, which means that I don't have to deal with anything and you are just the boy peasant at my throne. I'm done with this, go find another ginger to help you. ''