10. | [orange dog]

You could say I was in a bit of a pickle.

Byeol, Hye-Ri and I got in to trouble yesterday. We participated in another dance battle, but the group we were up against wasn't the same as always. They weren't just in it for the money, when they lost it hurt their street reputation and we barely managed to run away when they attacked us with knives. Byeol was covered in bruises and I had a line of stitches on my neck, but it was Hye-Ri who got hurt the worst of all. One of our attackers stabbed his knife in her leg and now she was in the hospital and the doctors clearly told her that she could only dream about dancing for the next two months. She was devastated and Byeol and I didn't know what to do because now there were only the two of us left and we were both threatened to get killed if we wouldn't stay away from dance battles forever.

Byeol was scared and she didn't want to continue doing this. She said dancing used to be fun and something that she liked to do to stop thinking about her problems, but now it became the exact opposite. These people that were threatening to kill us just because we were good at something we loved turned it in to a chore that she had to do to get money.

She didn't think it was worth to trade her passion for paper.

We decided to give ourselves some time to decide what to do, but a few days later I was still in the same situation. Seo-Yoon was gone because she was chasing her dream, Hye-Ri was resting in the hospital with her boyfriend and Byeol left because she didn't want to destroy her love for dancing because of money, but I was completely lost and I had no idea what I wanted in my life. In moments like these I wished I could erase my memories of the past forever.

I snapped out my thoughts, lowered my head and continued washing dishes. I was in the dorm of three girl idols that were currently watching TV and I only half listened to their conversation until one of them told the others to be quiet because it was time for EXO's interview. A smirk appeared on my face at the sight of the boys walking to their seats and Kyungsoo casually dragging Baekhyun after him by his ear, then I went back to cleaning.

The girls curiously listened to them talking about their latest songs and plans for the future. Then the questions started to get more personal and suddenly the interviewer looked at Baekhyun and told him: '' We asked the fans to leave us some questions on our twitter and a lot of them said that they are happy to see you smiling again, Baekhyun! You mentioned during our last interview that you've been going through a bad time and have been dealing with some problems in your private life and everybody is curious to know what changed? Have you met somebody new perhaps? ''

Baekhyum nervously smiled and shook his head. '' No, no, it's nothing like that. I just needed some time to deal with my problems, but it's true that I'm happier again now. ''

Chanyeol grinned and blurted out: '' She has orange hair. ''

Did he just say what I think he did?

The girls sitting in front of the TV simultaneously froze in shock and slowly turned their heads in my direction. They were staring at my orange hair and I was looking back at them with wide eyes before I seriously mumbled: '' That is just a coincidence. ''

Baekhyun hit Chanyeol with anger and 'look at the flick of the wrist' played in the background. Then he laughed at the interviewer and nervously waved with his hands in front of him. '' Don't listen to Chanyeol, he doesn't know what he's talking about. There is no new girl with orange hair... I just... I got a dog. ''

Did he just call me a dog?

I quickly shook my head, reminded myself that he wasn't talking about me and went back to cleaning the dishes, while the idol girls started gossiping about what Baekhyun just said and wondering if he wasn't really happier again because he was in love. They asked me if he told me anything, since I worked here and I usually knew everyone's secrets, but I had no idea either. I did notice he seemed to be in a better mood in the past days and smiling a lot more than he used to, but I was just like them and could only guess what was the true reason behind it.