Making plans

Zak POV..

Creeping around the house was not my forte... I'm a big guy.

I had left my sleep riddled not yet wife in bed as I got things prepared. I didn't know how much sleep she had, if it was as little as what I had then I could believe that Maria would be in bed for a while.

That is until she realises that I'm no longer in the bed beside her...

"Yo bro." Aaron whispered coming into the lounge.

"What's up man? You still okay to do this?" I asked.

"Sure. It's gonna be awesome." He grinned picked up two bags of dolls I had bought.

"You think Maria will be pissed?" I asked feeling unsure.

"No, why would she?" He asked.

"Just a feeling." I replied shaking my head.

We both paused as the bedroom door opened and a yawn left the hallway. "Zak?"

"In here!" I called out.

I smiled seeing my beautiful girl walk around the corner rubbing her eyes "Why did you leave me in bed?" She asked tiredly.

"You're exhausted. I had a power nap anyhow."

"Hey Aaron." She smiled giving him a cuddle that rose the green eyes of jealously within me... Even now.

"I need you to come help me out today. Is that okay?" He asked.

"Sure. I- that's okay right?" She asked me.

"Of course, I actually suggested you if I'm honest. Your organisation.. I'm telling you." I nodded making her smile.

"Okay. Let me change and sort myself out." She replied before shuffling back down the hall and into the bedroom.

We didn't start speaking again until Maria had closed the door.

"Bro does she even know you've booked the holiday for today?" Aaron asked.

"No. It's gonna be a surprise."

"You don't think she's gonna be curious when you begin driving to California?" He asked amused.

"Maybe.. But I'm hoping she's going to be preoccupied to notice." I replied making him nod.

I looked at the time seeing it read 3pm.

"You know the itinerary right?" I probed.

"Yes. She's not to be home until 7pm or until you've packed." Aaron replied rolling his eyes "We've done this so many times."

"Just want it to go smoothly." I replied.

"When's Cece coming ov-"

The front door opened making Aaron look at me. "Now." We both replied in unison.

"Hey guys," she smiled carrying grocery bags with Gracie bouncing by her feet.

"Gray let Cece get in." I laughed.

"She can smell her chicken. I picked up some cooked chicken breast for you, Maria tell you she's had a funny tummy?" Cece asked.

"No..."

"Oh. I- me and my big mouth. I took her to the park, the one across town. I swear I never took my eyes off her but she was being sick the same night. There's no way Gracie can pick up anything here.. So it had to be the park."

"Maybe another dog was ill and she picked it up. She doesn't normally eat trash." I reminded her.

"I know, but Maria has been up with her constantly. I'm surprised she's still standing. Little lady was really poorly." Cece frowned.

"Why didn't Maria say anything?" I asked.

"Because I didn't want to worry you." Maria spoke coming into the room.

"Sor-"

"No don't apologise, I should have told Zak sooner. It's my fault. I had to take her to the vets, she couldn't keep anything down. It was one way or the other right Gray?" Maria asked crouching down to make a fuss.

"She's okay now?" I asked feeling panic rising every second.

"Yes. Just some bug. But she's okay now. They checked her for parvo.. That involved bloods but that was clear. They also gave her a shot to level out her vitamins and stats. Then gave her a booster shot, she's been okay the last 2 days. But because she's lost a little weight we've been cooking fresh chicken breast and boiling rice to bulk her out a little bit."

I got on the floor as Gracie came over and licked my cheek "You should have called me. Instantly."

"You were worki-"

"Fuck the work. She's more important. You both are." I frowned kissing Gracie's head.

"I was handling things. There was only 2 nights that I stayed up with her to make sure she could get out when she needed to. I also got patio disinfectant and washed it down 3 times a day. Quarantined and fine." Maria replied looking across at Gracie.

"She's okay though?"

"Zak she's fine. Just wants her chicken. If you don't believe us on how okay she is... Give me 2 minutes to prove it." Cece smiled and headed into the kitchen picking up Gracie's bowl on the way.

In less than 5 minutes I was watching Gracie bolt down her food as she pushed it across the lounge.

"Dogs only eat when they are okay.. That dog is more than okay." Cece grinned.

"You two call me if that happens again though.. Yeah? I don't care where I am. I'll come straight home." I replied as Gracie ran over to me and belched in my face.

"How lovely." I acknowledged making her wag her tail.

"Well that's her thank you." Cece smiled taking the bowl away to clean out and fill with kibble.

I looked at Maria who was crouched on the ground staring into the floor.

"Hey? You okay?" I asked.

"Still tired." She mumbled standing up. I smiled as my eyes went over her body, the skeletor was almost gone and my Maria was coming back with her curvy body and thick thighs.

"Right come on you, let's get this sorted." Aaron smiled. With a nod Maria got up as gave me a kiss before grabbing her things and heading off.

Once they were gone Cece came back in the lounge "You should have given her a thank you at least She went 2 days without sleep watching over Gracie and demanded to see the best vet in Vegas. Not to mention keeping me calm." She sighed and looked at Gracie chewing her toy.

"Come on then ma'am you have a groomers appointment before you go on holiday."

"Thanks Cece. And what you said? I will thank her. Thank you for looking after her."

"It's always a pleasure." She smiled leaving with Gracie.

I stood on the silent lounge and smiled "Time to pack and get this show on the road."