No place like home.

Zak POV.

I looked back at the bank to see Maria speaking to a bucket.

"Dude?" Aaron spoke looking at her as well.

"I'm hoping Petey is in that bucket or we're going to have to get her committed." I replied.

I kept an eye on her and sure enough Petey made a reappearance.

"You know she's going to want to keep him?" Aaron asked.

"She's already asked me bro.. But it's a no." I laughed.

"We'll see." He sang.

After another hour I slowly made my way back up to Maria who was in cooing away.

"Hey." I smiled sitting down. Petey squeaked and came across to me.

"He's so fluffy and cute." She beamed watching him.

"But he has to stay here.." I added.

I held back a laugh as she threw me a scowl narrowing her eyes at me. "I'm not stupid Zachery. I know I can't have him. Stop being a buzzkill." She replied laying down around him.

I frowned slightly and began playing with her fingers. "Hey.. I wasn't trying to upset you." I spoke.

She hummed and giggled as Petey waddled over to her top and got inside.

Was it wrong to be jealous of a duckling right now? Snuggled up to a pair of boobs that were my pillows.

"You think he will be alright here?" She asked.

"Of course..." I replied not looking at Maria, she would know I've lied to her but I imagined lying about Petey would be worst!

"I hope your momma comes back for you.." She whispered as Petey fell asleep, her finger was gently stroking his head as she smiled and beamed down at him.

"H-Hi, um excuse me?" A woman spoke smiling at us.

"Hi." I smiled sitting up with Maria.

"I was wondering if-"

"If you could have a picture with me? Sure no problem." I stood up when she stepped back as nervously laughed.

"Sorry. Urm I have no idea who you are. I just wanted to speak to Maria."

I looked at Maria who had her cheeks sucked in to stop the laugh.

"Oh. I'm Zak.. Zak Bagans. From Ghost Adventures." I introduced myself.

"Oh, I remember now. It's nice to meet you."

"What's up?" Maria asked.

"I've spoke to my manager. According to him last week a dog got hold of some  fowl. The only fowl around here.. He was keeping an eye on them as we used to welcome dogs onto the site only the dog killed the mom."

I heard Maria gasp and her eyes went to me as she held her boobs.

I'm taking a fucking duck back to Vegas.. I can see it now. She's going to keep this duck no matter what I say.

He is cute though..

"Petey is a.." She pulled out a piece of paper to read it.

"A Northern Pintail duckling. So he'll look like this when he's older." She tended to show us a picture of a duck.

"Awh! He's gonna be cute!" Maria smiled.

"That's why he has some brown in him. It's been well over a week since the incident so I think Petey might be the only one left out..."