One Drunken Mind, One Sober Heart.

Zak POV---

I was just getting undressed when the room phone rang, I picked it up and answered it.

'Hello?'

'Good evening sir this is Stacey from the front desk...'

'Hi,' I replied.

'The lady you are sharing a room with.. Maria?'

I put my hand over my face. 'Yes.'

'Sir we have advised her to go to bed but she is uncooperative. Would you like us to have someone escort her up to your room?'

'No, no. I'll come and collect her. I'm sorry.'

'That's no problem sir. Thank you for your understanding..' The phone clicked and I pulled my top on. Grabbing my key I headed down in the lift and exited it going to the bar.

I hadn't bothered with my shoes as I was taking Maria up to bed instantly. I wasn't going anywhere else.

I walked into the bar area to find her propping up the bar sing to herself holding a glass up in the air.

"Maria." I spoke taking the shot from her fingers.

"There! There he is! The heartbrea--" she belched and laughed.

"Better out then in!" She cackled.

"Sweetie it's time for bed." I whispered quietly.

"Already?" She asked looking upset at the idea.

"Yep. Everyone is going to be going home soon." I replied.

"Oh..." She frowned looking around at a few others and swaying on her seat slightly.

"You want a drink?" She asked looking at me with glazed eyes.

"No baby. Let's go."

She sighed and slipped off the stool and leant into me "I love you. So much."

"I know." I answered amused and took her out the bar slowly and towards the lifts.

"I really do, like to the moon and back a million times." She said looking at me.

"I know."

She stopped and looked upset making me panic "Don't you love me anymore?" She asked.

"I do.."

"But you sent me away."

"I wanted and want to protect you Maria. Always."

She lowered her head and rolling her ankle once as she slipped past. How she could do it in flats I had no idea.

I called the lift and put my arm around her waist as Maria took to poking me in the cheek and bopping my nose gently.

"Stop." I sighed.

"I want to touch you.. I want to feel your skin, I miss your skin." She answered before sliding into the lift.

I held her to the wall making her grin, I watched as she hit every single button but forgot we were only on the second floor.

"Let's go." I smiled stepping off as the doors opened.

"Can I sleep with you?" She asked.