Chapter Twenty-One

So, something completely different...I'm struggling with writer's block and I'm hoping that if I write something new, it will get my juices flowing. I saw something on one of the many group's walls and it intrigued me, The Twi-Sci-Fi/Fantasy Contest. I've always been interested in Star Trek and science fiction. Even before Twilight, it caught my attention. I even wrote some Star Trek: Deep Space Nine fic, but never posted it. Anyhow, the idea that I had couldn't really lend itself to a one-shot. I decided to make it full-length fic (or novella...whichever it turns out to be).

Now, none of this mine. I'm not Stephenie Meyer, nor do I claim to be. I just like to play with her characters because they make me forget about my life for a while. I also do not own Star Trek, which the space aspects of the story is loosely based off of. Everything else...is mine.

Up next will be the continuation of this chapter, in Edward's POV. He's one pissed emperor. Vruk and Jakob won't know what hit them. And I think we may have three more chapters, including an epilogue? Maybe? Perhaps?

Chapter Twenty-One

BPOV

Smoothly, we exited the ship, leaving it in control of one of the senior commanders, and flew down to the planet's surface. However, the atmosphere was filled with smoke, smog and pollution. As we broke through the clouds, the Imperial City was in flames. "Oh, no! The palace?"

"It's still intact, but the Remans and Alphans are setting everything on fire, Nirabelle," Charanel frowned. "Edward, land inside of the palace, on the lawn where I taught you the basics for giju'ri."

"Understood," Edward nodded, inputting the coordinates into the computer. We easily glided through the atmosphere, but the damage to the capital was horrendous. Imperial Fighters were doing their best to stop the ground troops, but the weapons fire was causing more damage than the Reman and Alphan fighters in the streets. Maneuvering the fighter, Edward landed it on the lawn behind the palace. It was unharmed, but the closing enemies were almost to our doorstep.

I was grateful that I had the forethought to take all of the ancient relics, jewelry and memories from my childhood to our summer home in Ch'ich. Maralice had Jerasse, Tia, L'aurien and a few other hand maidens handle the transfer of the priceless items. I received a picture upon their safe arrival aboard the Cygnarus. They were located in a safe underneath the house. After Jerasse shut the safe, only Edward or I could access it with our retinal scans.

"Edward, they're getting closer to the palace," Charanel whimpered as we landed on the lawn. "Good news is that the remaining Alliance ships have begun their trek back to Alphan space. Captain Picard said that they would not be bothering us again. They were no match for the Cygnarian Imperial Fleet and the Federation. The troops on the surface and on the ship that collided with the Cygnarus are on their own."

"So, Vruk and Jakob are not the leaders of the Alliance?" Senator J'ran asked.

"Apparently not," Charanel shrugged. "Legate Vruk and Crown Prince Jakob were in charge of this attack, but not the leaders of the Alliance. And suffice it to say, the Alphans are no longer members since almost all of their ships and crews have been killed in the attack."

"They were cannon fodder," Edward snorted humorlessly. He powered down the fighter and we got out of it, walking into the palace. "Cullen to Picard."

"This is Picard."

"How is everything going up there? Your ship?" he asked.

"We're a little worse than the Cygnarus. We will have to have some extensive repairs before we can head back out into open space, but from what we've heard, the Alliance is not going to be a problem any time soon. They are returning to their space after we exchanged a peace treaty. The troops on the surface are no longer a part of the Alliance and on their own," Picard snickered. "However, do you need assistance on the surface?"