Chapter Seven

So, something completely different...I'm struggling with writer's block and I'm hoping that if I write something new, it will get my juices flowing. I saw something on one of the many group's walls and it intrigued me, The Twi-Sci-Fi/Fantasy Contest. I've always been interested in Star Trek and science fiction. Even before Twilight, it caught my attention. I even wrote some Star Trek: Deep Space Nine fic, but never posted it. Anyhow, the idea that I had couldn't really lend itself to a one-shot. I decided to make it full-length fic (or novella...whichever it turns out to be).

Now, none of this mine. I'm not Stephenie Meyer, nor do I claim to be. I just like to play with her characters because they make me forget about my life for a while. I also do not own Star Trek, which the space aspects of the story is loosely based off of. Everything else...is mine.

Up next will be some answers to the obvious questions, some bonding time with Charanel (I love him!) and perhaps some citrusy action. It will also be in Edward's POV since you got two Bella POVs with the mating ceremony.

Chapter Seven

EPOV

"I want to make them pay for what they did here, Bella. This is a coward's way of fighting. Attacking innocent civilians and children? We need to be like that flight that brought down the plane in Pennsylvania."

"How?" she asked. "I do not want to cause this. I don't want children to not know of their mothers. I don't want to tear families apart. I want a diplomatic solution. No more fighting." Her face scrunched up and she lost it, sobbing against my chest. I held her closely, rocking her in the destruction. I was angry and very confused. Blazing rage also simmered in my veins. I didn't know how to handle it.

"Captain, I think I found out how the shielding went down. Where the order was sent from," Victoria said, looking at me. Her eyes were wary.

"Where, Commander?"

"The Imperial Palace."

"That can't be possible," Bella said, her eyes narrowing. "Why would the palace remotely disable the shielding around the colony? That makes absolutely no sense."

"Perhaps someone was pissed off that you were mated to a human," Commander Braxas answered. "One of Norex's staff? Or Caius. He's shady, too. His aura reveals that he's hiding something. I don't know what, but it's not good."

"Why would they conspire with the Alphans?" Bella growled, her hands balling into rigid fists. I don't get it. I just don't. She huffed and walked out of the school, clutching the stuffed animal. I could feel her agony, frustration and confusion. I wanted to make this right, fix it but there was no easy fix.

"Was there anything else on that computer console?" I asked Victoria.

"I got it all, including some vids of the attack. It appeared to be a combination of an attack from orbit and some shuttles using their disruptors," Victoria explained. "I'll upload it onto the computer once we get back aboard the Volvo."

"Thank you, Commander," I sighed, leaving the school. I stumbled along the ruins, my heart shattering for the pain these people endured during their last moments alive. Several away teams came down, gathering more information and holo-images for their holodeck to peruse on board. I knew that I was going to picking apart the attack and the ruins, trying to find some sort of weakness of the Alphans or answers to give to the Council of Elders.