My Little Brother

Start from the beginning

“No way,” Chase said “That would be like giving a stick of dynamites to a…well you.” He pressed more buttons before Adam’s capsule vibrated and flashed a couple of times.

“There, done, now hurry,” Chase said and grabbed my hand “We’re going to be late for school.”

I hiked my back pack up further on my shoulder before being tugged out of the room. We heard Adam say something about being right there and not have something to do…whatever that means in Adam’s foreign language.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chase insisted that when we got to school, I would eat breakfast with him and Adam. I reluctantly said yes but only because I love him. I’d rather eat on the other side and away from Adam’s constant versions of his ABC’s through farting and burping. Keep my breakfast down if you know what I mean.

 We found a table up front and Chase pulled out his chair “Man, I always get the wobbly chair,” he complained.

Adam looked down “Here, let me fix it, hold my tray.” But Adam didn’t fix the chair, oh no, he broke it! He broke a metal chair! In front of the whole cafeteria! My eyes widened as he placed it on the table and everyone was looking at us.

“Adam!” Chase scolded through his clenched jaw. He turned to face the table next to us “Budget cuts, am I right? The evidence is all around us people.” He then proceeded to scowl at his brother “You maxed out your super strength, didn’t you?”

Adam scoffed “Of course I did. Look at who you’re talking to.”

Chase sighed “This is so dangerous! You can’t control your strength and it could cause a ton of glitches. We have to change you back now.”

“Calm down,” Adam said to him “You’re overreacting.”

Adam placed his tray on the table but the legs caved underneath it, making everything on the table, plus the table top, to come crashing down. I placed my hand over my mouth at the sound of it. Everyone turned to look at what happened.

“Okay you can dial me down to a nine,” Adam said and Chase and I locked eyes.

As we walked back into the lab, we found the door to Adam’s capsule all the way across the room “I can’t believe you maxed out your strength after I specifically told you not to,” Chase scolded, which was really fitting because Adam is just a child underneath all that muscle.

“In my defense, you telling me what to do is like a monkey telling a hedgehog what to do. It’s ridiculous! But it would make an awesome buddy cop movie!”

Chase sighed “Can we please just get this over with? I got to get back to school. It’s karaoke day in Latin class and I’m singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.” He then began to sing it in Latin and Adam groaned.

Adam turned to me “Katie, how much is Chase paying you to be his girlfriend?”

I scoffed “Don’t hate Adam. It doesn’t suit you.”

Chase rolled his eyes at Adam before telling him to get in his capsule. He then began pressing more buttons “Alright, reducing super strength in three, two, one.”

“And we have lift off,” I muttered as the Adam’s capsule lit up and started to flash.

“Alright we should probably test it out to make sure you’re back to normal. Come here.”

I watched as Chase explained what that big container near Leo’s desk was. The same one Mr. Davenport tried to climb into when his memory was erased to make him think he was a toddler.