Chapter 31: Lost and Found

Start from the beginning

"I know, just like Seunghyun before." She said.

"Seunghyun?"

Her eyes widen when she realized she said something she shouldn't have. "Ahh, lets not talk about that."

"He's keeping secrets from you too?" She just nodded in response as she avoided my gaze. "Was that the reason why the two of you broke up before?"

"Dara, its in the past now, i don't want to talk about it anymore." She sighed.

"I'm sorry, i never should have brought that up." I rubbed her back to comfort her when i saw her mood changed. "Why is it so hard for them to open up? We're not narrow minded, we will definitely understand right? Well, unless its unreasonable." I added.

"Of course, sometimes they underestimate our ability to understand and help them. Boys and their egos are really inseparable." We both chuckled at her comment as we finished our meal.

-------
JIYONG'S POV

"Dude, what are you doing here? Top hyung and the rest are in a club right now, come on let's join them." Taeyang invited me as soon as he saw me drinking here at my house alone.

"Not in the mood" i answered him as i drunk my half empty glass of whisky.

"Aisht! What happened this time?" He asked me but i just ignored him. "Its Dara again isn't it? You don't usually drink alone if its not about something personal."

"She's mad at me. No, not mad, hate. She hates me. Or maybe both." I told him still thinking what's the best word to describe it.

"What happened? You two had a fight again?"

I narrated what happened last night and saw him shook his head while listening. "Its my fault. I lied to her."

"Well, technically, you didn't lie to her, you just didn't say anything even if you had a chance. A lot actually." He said.

"I know." I deeply sighed. "I just don't want her to feel uneasy towards me. She might avoid me once she knew about my status." I told him pouring another shot of whisky on my glass.

"You know Dara isn't like that." He commented.

"I also know that but she got mad because i didn't tell her that detail about me, what more if she learned that i'm a mobster?" I grunted and ran my fingers through my hair feeling frustrated. "She will never talk to me again if that happens."

"That's a bigger problem Ji. What will you do if she finds out?" Taeyang asked the most dreaded question for me right now.

"I honestly don't know. I don't want to drag her to the mess i'm in, but the more i avoid her, the harder for me to stay away. Next thing i know, she's right in front of me again." I told him as he pats my back for comfort.

"I knew it, you're already falling for her, hard!" He chuckled and i can't hide the smile in my face when he said that.

"Maybe." I confessed feeling a little lighter like a heavy weight was lifted.

"Only you can decide on that man. Either tell her or let her go." My smile faltered upon hearing the last line he said.

"I know..." Was the only word i said before i watched him leave.

To be honest, i'm still battling with myself if i should do it or not. I want to protect her but how can i do that if i'm one of those who will possibly cause her harm?

My rain of thoughts were interrupted when my phone suddenly rang.

"Boss, i have bad news and good news." My trusted investigator informed me.

"Whats the bad news?"

"Jin Young no longer lives in Jeju boss. He left years ago."

"What? That's the only lead we have!" I snapped feeling hopeless now.

"But the good news is, i found his relative there. I was able to ask them some vital information boss." He said.

"What is it?"

"His grandmother said he left Jeju years ago with his family and a young girl."

"A girl?"

"Yes boss, and i managed to ask their surname. You won't believe it boss."

"What?"

"Park. His real name was Park Jin Young. And i think you already know what i'm talking about boss. We found her...." He exclaimed as i felt my jaw dropped upon hearing what he just said.