Chapter 1

I waved goodbye to my best friend Savannah. We had just left the mall and we both lived in opposite directions. I began the five minute walk to my house. After about two minutes of walking it began to rain. I pulled out my polka dot umbrella. As I walked it began to rain harder. I passed by the park that I had played in my whole childhood and saw a boy dressed in almost all black sitting on the swing completely drenched. I immediately felt bad for him. I walked over and sat down on the swing next to his. At first he didn't look up and it surprised me but then I realized he had headphones in. I reluctantly poked him in the shoulder. He looked up at me and I saw the most beautiful blue-green eyes ever. He smiled then took out his headphones.

"Hey." He said smiling. There was something about him that seemed so familiar. But it was hard to tell because around his eyes it was smudged with eyeliner and his hair was brown with water and sticking to his forehead.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked smiling back.

"Yeah, I think, no, why?" He asked looking pretty confused.

"Well for one thing you are sitting her alone in the pouring rain." As I said it he began to look around as if he had only realized that it was raining now.

"Whoa, I get really wrapped up in my music." he said.

"You can come to my house to dry off ummm...." I said hesitating only realizing now that I had no idea what his name was.

"Dalton." He said "Thanks but I'm okay."

"Alright. I'm Morgan. So why are you sitting here alone?" I asked starting to get curious.

"I just had a really stupid fight with my best friends over some ridiculous thing and now I'm literally soaked completely. "

"Okay, c'mon." I said standing up.

"Where are we going?"

"We are going to my house and I am going to get you a towel so that you can dry off."

"Fine, thanks." He says smiling again making my heart skip a beat. As he stands I move them umbrella so that it covers us both. Even though my umbrella is pretty big, we both needed to squish together so that we don't get rained on.

"Do you live far? Because I live pretty close by, it might be better to go there." He asked looking at me.

"I live just around the corner it's less than a two minute walk."

"Cool, I guess we live pretty close then."

"Yeah. Why haven't I seen you around?"

"I just discovered this park recently and i'm usually pretty busy."

"I'm just wondering, why were you sitting there on a swing?"

"It just helps me think when I can just sit and listen to my music." He said looking kind of embarrassed.

"Here we are." I said when we finally arrived at my house. We had become even more soaked in those two minutes. We walked up my empty driveway. I unlocked the door and there was no noise so I guessed that no one was home. I quickly slipped off my high tops and ran up the stairs.

"Stay right there I will be right back with towels." I yelled down the stairs at him. I opened the cabinet where we kept our towels and pulled out the two biggest towels I could find.

I ran down the stairs and nearly slipped on the last step. He smiled when I handed him the towel.

"Thanks." He said starting to dry off his hair. I started to laugh because all his hair was sticking up in random directions.

"What?" He asked looking for a mirror. When he finally saw his hair he just about fell over laughing. It was only then that I noticed his backpack. Out of his backpack he pulled a small top hat and put it on his head, covering his hair. I'm pretty sure that only he could make that top hat look sexy.

"What do you think?" He asked striking a model pose.

"I think you look fedorable." I said laughing.

"Wait what did you just say?" He asked spinning around to face me, it made me want to immediately take it back.

"Sorry, it's kind of an inside joke with me and my friend." I said turning slightly red. He just smiled.

"You're really cool. I would love to hang out with you again. We could probably become great friends. I need friends just in case mine don't forgive me soon." He said looking really sad.

"Your friends will definitely forgive you soon! What happened anyways?"

"They accused me of pulling this prank involving my friend's shoe collection but I swear that I did not do it. I would love to admit to it because it was really genius but I didn't so..." He said trailing on the so.

"Okay give me your phone." I said.

"Why?" He asked hugging his phone to his chest.

"Because I am going to call them and we are going to solve this whole mess."

"Fine, but I'll dial the number then give you the phone."

"Fine." He smiled cheekily then quickly dialed in a phone number and handed me the cell phone. It rang twice before someone picked up.

"Oh my god Dalton! We have been worried about you all day! We found out that it was Dana's friend from high school. Dana went to see him and he was giggling, he then admitted to the whole thing!" Said the guy on the other line really quickly.

"Uhhhhh, hi. My name is Morgan and I'm calling you because I found Dalton sitting on a swing in the pouring rain."

"Was he listening to music?" Asked the guy on the other line.

"Yeah."

"That sounds like Dalton alright. Oh, I'm Cole by the way."

"Nice to meet you, I'm going to give the phone to Dalton now so you can say all this stuff to him."

"Alright nice meeting you Morgan." I turned around to give Dalton the phone and come face to face with him. Our faces were so close our noses were almost touching. We both backed away blushing. I handed him the phone. He took it and smiled.

"Hey, whoa whoa Cole slow down. Okay yeah. You know I said it was not me! I told you I just do things when they come to me at random, that prank was way too thought out for me. " He just stood there listening for a few minutes then I heard him swear under his breath. "Alright I'll be at my house in five. I'll meet you there. Bye." He hung up the phone then looked at me. "Look , I'm really sorry but I really have to go. Here enter your number in my phone so I can take you for lunch to say thanks for this." He said smiling as he held out his phone to me. I quickly entered my number. He smiled as I handed his phone back.

"Thanks again for everything. I'll text you as soon as I can." He said.

"It was no problem. Bye." I said as I opened the door for him. After I had closed the door I watched him walk down my driveway and around the block until he was out of sight.