Family

"That's Riren's friend!" Eren yelped, nearly jumping on the spot from excitement. The excitement wasn't good or bad.

"No shit." Levi said, putting his hand on Eren's shoulder to make him calm down.

"Well what are you waiting for? Let's go-"

"No, Eren. Just observe for now. If we don't get answers by that, then we can step in."

Eren sighed.
"Fine."

They stood near the front door and watched as Riren greeted his friend with a hug. He then took Rivai's hand and dragged him over to the nearest mini table, and put his lunchbox on it.

"Here, Rivai. You no have lunch again, here mine. Poppy pack me apple every day. Now you have apple every day."

Eren gasped as Riren picked up an apple slice and handed it to Rivai.

"...thank..." Rivai murmured.

"So that's what's been happening!!" Eren looked at Levi as he gestured over to the kids.

"You're slow." Levi said.

Riren sat at the table and smiled as Rivai ate the apple. He giggled, then jumped up and poked Rivai's cheek.
"Tickle your mouth! Hm?"

"Mhm."

[~]

"Now kids, with crayon, draw a picture of your family! You will show these to them at the end of the day!!!!!" Hanji exclaimed, holding up a stick figure drawing she spent a few seconds doodling.

Riren giggled and grabbed some crayons from the bucket in the middle of the table. There were about 6 tables in the room, 5 kids sitting at each.

"Hehe! Wuv papa! Wuv poppy!" Immediately he started drawing, then glanced over at Rivai next to him. Rivai was sitting there blankly, a black crayon lingering in his hand.

"Are you okay Wivai?"

"I no have family." Rivai murmured.

Riren paused to think, then grabbed the crayon from Rivai's hand and started drawing on his paper.

Rivai didn't question, just sat back and curiously watched Riren draw.

After a few minutes, Riren handed Rivai back the paper.
"Here, Wivai."

Rivai widened his eyes at what Riren drew.

On the paper, there were two figures, one with brown hair and wide gray eyes, and one with messy black hair and dark eyes. Both with huge smiles on their faces.

On the top, Riren wrote,
riren and rivai family

Riren scooter towards Rivai and giving him a hug. Rivai was stunned in the hug for a moment, but giggled and hugged him back.
"You no worry, Rivai. I be family to you."

[~]

"Where is our little brat?" Levi asked rhetorically as he walked into the classroom with Eren.

"Papa! Poppy!" Suddenly a smol child ran towards them, then held up his drawing.
"Look! Family!"

On his paper, he drew Eren and Levi standing next to each other, with Riren on the side, next to Rivai.

"Aww. That's so nice Riren! Good job!" Eren bent down and smoothed Riren's hair back as he kissed him on the forehead.

"Wait, he drew his friend on there." Levi said.

"I know but at least praise him first!" Eren stood up as Riren ran the other direction.

Eren and Levi walked over to Riren, who was talking to Rivai.

Eren knelt down inbetween the two toddlers.
"Hi Rivai. You are Riren's friend he drew in his family picture?"

Rivai looked at Riren, who answered for him.
"Yeah!"

"Are you guys going to be like brothers now?" Levi asked in monotone.

"No," Riren stood in front on Rivai and hugged him, then looked back at his papa and poppy.
"Rivai's gonna be my bride!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Holy fuck it's been a while since I updated because I got a hell of a bad writer's block. Plus I've been working on my other story, The Suicide Circle. I'm so proud of that story so please go read it! Anyway, I'M BACK. Is anyone still reading lmao