Almost There

Daddy and BabyGirl watched Cap 3 and 2 before Daddy got a call from David around 4:00.

"Hey, David." He said when he answered the phone.

"Hey. I just have a little bit of paperwork to do then I'll be right over." He said, currently working on the papers. The latest start of the yearly flu season kept him busy. Daddy nodded.

"Okay. Sounds good. So far she's been able to hold down the soup I made her." He informed David.

"That's good. Has the medicine helped with her fever?" He asked. Daddy looked at the thermometer on her forehead.

"Not really.. It looks like it only went down 1, maybe 2 degrees..."

"Okay. I'll double check her tempurture when I get there. I'll also have to perform a throat swap to make sure she doesn't have strep thoart."

"Okay.." Daddy said, groaning slightly. "She probably won't want to do it." He said, knowing how it felt and how it would make her throat feel worse.

"I know and I understand. It's the only way to check and see if she does or not and to help me diagnois her."

"I know.." Daddy said before sighing. "Okay. I'll keep her busy until you get here."

"Okay. I'll be over as soon as I can. Bye." David said.

"Bye." Daddy said, hanging up the phone. He then paused the movie that he and BabyGirl were watching. BabyGirl sighed.

"Daddy.. Why stop movie?.." She said. Daddy smiled before picking her up and carrying her to her room to change her into some better clothes.

"Because David's going to be here soon and you need to be in some warmer clothes." He explained as he set her down on the changing table. He took off her pj top and bottoms and put her in a new, clean diaper and a onesie with feet. BabyGirl smiled and wiggled her toes, watching the feet move as she did, making herself laugh. Daddy watched, smiling and laughing too.

"Someone really likes their feet today!" He said, lightly tickling them. BabyGirl giggled even more.

"Daddy! Tha' tickles!" She said, smiling. He smiled back at her before picking up his bundle of laughing joy and carrying her back downstairs to the living room couch.

"I know! Daddy wanted to make you smile." He told her before rubbing his nose on hers, making her laugh and smile some more. He smiled back.

"It looks like my little Dashie is feeling a little better, isn't she?" He asked, making her smile even more.

"Yea.. Stomach no hurt much no more." She said as Daddy laid her back down on the couch before he wrapped her in the soft blanket from earlier and handed her Giraffie. She yawned.

"Tired Daddy... Nap time?" She asked, eyes dropping a little. Daddy smiled and nodded.

"Yea, Sweetie.. It's nap time. Do you want a paci?" He asked, already knowing the answer. She smiled before nodding her head. He pulled a purple one out of his pocket before putting it in her welcoming mouth. She started to suck on it before falling asleep.

A few minutes after BabyGirl fell into slumber, David called.

"Hey, Dave. Are you on your way?" Daddy asked, answering the house phone.

"I should be in a little bit. How is she doing?" He asked.

"I think the medicine's starting to work. She says her stomach doesn't hurt that much anymore."