House Call

A/N:
Jas - Daddy
Jay - BabyGirl
---------------------------
David heard his cell phone start vibrating in his pocket. He excused himself from the room he was in with a patient before answering it.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hi, David." Daddy said, sitting on the couch next to BabyGirl, rubbing her back.

"Hi, Jas. How's everything going with Jay?" He asked, concerned, knowing that he would only call him at a time like this if something was wrong. Daddy sighed.

"She's sick. Like really sick. She's thrown up already today and I just took her temperature and it was 102.3. I gave her some soup to get something in her. He nose is really stuffy and her throat hurts and it's making her voice sound bad." He told David. It was his turn to sigh.

"Okay. I'm busy until 4:00. I'll try to get through my patients as fast as I can. See you guys around then?" He asked. Daddy nodded, it being 12:00.

"Yea. Is there anything I should do to until then?" He said, wondering if he should give her medicine or not to bring her fever down.

"You can give her a tablespoon of cold medicine and some tea to help her throat and nose. Other than that just keep her comfortable."

"Okay." Daddy said. "Thanks. See you later. Bye."

"Okay. Bye." David said before hanging up his phone and going back to his patient.

Daddy put the phone back before getting up off the couch.

"Daddy... Stay..." BabyGirl whined, turning to look at him. He smiled and rubbed her back some more.

"I'm just getting you some medicine and then I'm going to make you some tea." He told her. She relaxed into the soft cushions and rolled over to face the couch back.

"Okay.." She said, closing her eyes. Daddy then went to the bathroom and got the cold medicine that they had. He then trekked to the kitchen and got out a tablespoon, sugar, a tea bag of Green Tea and a bottle of water. He then poured the water into a kettle and turned the heat up high. While the water started to boil, he went and took the medicine and tablespoon to BabyGirl.

"Okay, Sweetie. David says that you need to have some medicine to help you feel a little better until he gets here." He told her while pouring some into the spoon. She rolled over and sat up.

"But taste bad..." She said, not liking a majority of grape flavored things, this being one of them.

"I know, but it'll help you feel better." He explained, rubbing a thumb over her cheek. She sighed.

"Can have more soup af'er?" She asked, still hungry. He nodded.

"Sure. Does your tummy feel alright?" He asked, not wanting her to eat and then throw it back up. She nodded.

"Uh huh. It no hurt lots anymore." She said.

"Okay. Now, just a little bit of medicine, and then soup." He said, holding the spoon up to her mouth. She opened it and he put the spoon in. Her mouth closed and she swallowed it down, not liking how it felt on her tongue or throat. Daddy took the spoon out of her mouth and put the cap back on the medicine.

"Good job, BabyGirl. Now you can have some soup. Do you want to watch a movie while you eat?" He asked her. She smiled before nodding.

"Yea! Can we watch Cap 3?" She asked. It was his turn to smile and nod.

"Sure, Sweetie." He said, getting up and going to the kitchen. He put the medicine spoon in the sink and put the medicine bottle on the counter next to the fridge. He then got the bowl that he had made earlier from the living room and put it in the microwave for a few seconds before taking it out and getting another spoon. He also turned the heat off the tea kettle.

He then went back to BabyGirl and sat the bowl on the coffee table. Before he could get Cap 3 out of its case he heard the tell tale sound of a spoon hitting the bottom of a bowl. He smiled.

I guess she really was hungry. He thought, putting the DVD in the player and turning on the TV. As the movie started, Daddy got up and sat down next to BabyGirl who was half way done with her bowl.

"Slow down, Sweetie... I don't want you to eat too much and get sick again." He warned her. She slowed down.

"Okay... Me sorry." She apologized, being quick to do so if she ever thought she was in trouble.

"It's okay, Sweetie. Just don't eat that fast." He told her, wrapping her blanket around her more and moving her so she was in his lap. She smiled.