2. Smells like hope.

{The dress in the picture is America's dress}

I walked towards the party. I had an empty feeling in my stomach but everything would turn out okay. At least thats what they all said. I walked through the crowd, and felt people staring. It wasn't a nice feeling but somehow I understood them; I would want to see the girl who lost at the last moment too. After walking around for a few minutes I finally found Nicoletta and her family. I waved at her and slowly moved closer to them. Nicoletta stood from her seat and wrapped her arms around me, hugging me tight. "You were so brave America. And I am so proud of you - Maxon doesn't know what he just let go. I think he will realize that soon enough." She said and frowned a little. She probably felt bad for me, haha I felt bad for me too - though I looked strong, and I realy wanted to keep it that way since I wasn't going to let anyone enjoy my misery. "Thank you princess Nicoletta. I realy appreciate it." I said soft and placed my hands on my oh so broken heart. In the corner of my eye I saw someone moving closer, placing his hand on Nicoletta's shoulder. "I'm sorry, I don't think I've introduced myself. My name is Philipe, Nicoletta is my fiancé." He spoke so proud and already sounded like royalty. I smiled softly and nodded. "Nice to meet you Philipe. I'm America." Nicoletta smiled. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Nicoletta already told me stories about you. You seem like a bright young woman." He said, and with that he waved his hand to someone and so another man stepped in. A much younger one, around my age probably. He held out his hand and I took it - giving him some space to bring my hand to his lips and kiss it softly. "Nice to meet you Lady America. I'm Luceano, Nicoletta's cousin." He smirked and looked up from under his long eyelashes and his light green eyes peeked deeply into mine. I felt my cheeks getting warm and pink. "It's nice to meet you too Luceano." I said, and bowed a little since he was after all royalty. He squeezed my hand gently before letting go, and smiled at his aunt. "you were right about her, Nicol." He said while winking at her. I blinked a couple of times. Did Nicoletta just.. Was she realy.. whoa. Maybe it would be easy to come to Italy after all. "LADIES AND GENTLEMAN." Gavril said through the microphone and the speakers. "IT IS TIME FOR THE PRINCE AND HIS FIANCÉ TO DANCE WITH THE KING AND QUEEN." And with that, everyone went off the dancefloor and watched how King Clarkson took Kriss' hand, and how Maxon took his mothers'. He looked at her with such adoration and she looked at him as if he was the most beautiful creature walking on this earth, which he probably was in her eyes. The music started to play and they started to dance very gracefully. Kriss' skin was glowing, and king Clarkson smiled at her. He must be happy Maxon chose her instead of me, I thought. It felt like a knife was stabbed right through my heart watching the four of them being happy and celebrate. I swallowed and closed my eyes for a moment, untill I heard Gavrill speak again after the first song. "Now the other royal family's and their dates may join!" I looked up at Nicoletta and winked at her, hoping she would really enjoy it. Maybe I could ask it after the dance. She moved towards the dance floor, saying "You have to dance too" without realy speaking. I frowned, not understanding what she meant untill I felt Luceano's hand upon my shoulder. I turned around to see him smiling widely, asking me to join my hand with his. I slowly put my hand in his, and we gracefully moved to the dancefloor. I looked at Queen Amberly for a moment and smiled softly. She smiled softly back, switched partners with Kriss and the music started again. "I'm not a good dancer," I whispered quick and softly into Luceano's ear, which made him grin softly, shaking his head. "I'm a very good leader - I'll guide you through this, and you will look even more perfect then you already did tonight." And with that the music started to play and he swirled me around. I placed my other hand on his shoulder while the other one was still resting in his. He had soft and warm hands, and it didn't felt weird as I'd expected. I actually enjoyed dancing with him, untill I catched Maxon looking venomous at us. Uh-oh, he didn't look happy at all.