vii

"Tro, come on, lazyass" Connor yelled through the apartment, impatiently tapping his foot as he waited by the front door. His arms were crossed and resting on his small baby bump.

"I'm coming!" Shouted back Troye. Only a minute later, he appeared in the living room while running his hands through his messy curls. "See, I didn't take that long, did I?"

"Yes you did, I've been waiting for like, half an hour," Connor complained. "Now can we go and get things for Boo?"

"Sure, babe. Do you want to go wait in the car while I get my wallet?"

Connor nodded and held his hand out for the car key, which Troye gently dropped into his hand. As he turned to find his wallet, Connor exited the apartment and walked towards the parking lot. He immediately identified the silver BMW that was shared between him and Troye and clicked the unlock button on the key. He slid into the passenger seat and stared out of the window as he waited for his boyfriend to join him and twiddled the ends of his jumper sleeves.

Finally, Troye slid into the drivers side and started the car. They both stayed silent while Troye drove through the busy streets of LA, until Connor turned to pout at the younger man.

"Do you know where you're going?" He asked. "Cause I swear we've been in this car for like, hours."

"Yes, Connor, I know where I'm going. There's just traffic so, you know, it's gonna take a while to get there. It's about five minutes after the next turning." Troye said. He reached over to flick on the radio, filling the car with obnoxiously popular music. Troye hummed along to the song while Connor made random noises, obviously bored by the car journey.

After ten minutes, Troye pulled into the parking lot of a baby shop and parked the car. He laid a bony hand on Connor's knee and looked at him.

"Are you ready to go and get things for Boo?" He asked. Connor nodded and looked at him with a timid smile. At the same time, they got out the car and began walking towards the store. They joined hands as soon as they had walked around the car and were next to each other.

They spent the next few hours walking around the store, taking notes on what items they were considering. After one lap of the store, and tons of cooing over cute baby clothes, they were back were they started, ready to choose their final products.

They started at the cots and moses baskets.

"Should we skip the moses basket and go straight to the cot?" Troye pondered. Connor scowled at him.

"Of course not, when Boo's tiny we're going to need to take him around the house and he'll need to sleep in our room. I'm not just skipping the moses basket," He exclaimed. "And we should get the one with the cute little teddy bear pattern."

"Are you sure we want that one? Because there's no going back after we've bought it." Troye checked.

"Of course I'm sure." Connor replied, his voice firm and steely. "You can choose the cot." He picked up a moses basket with the pattern he chose and skipped off to the cots they had shortlisted. Troye shook his head, grinning, and followed his pregnant boyfriend.

It didn't take long after that. Troye chose a white cot that had a Winnie-the-Poo pattern on the ends. They got a bottle sanitiser, bottles, formula milk and all the other essentials for a newborn baby. They chose a pushchair and baby car seat as well as a playmat and baby bouncer. They even stopped at the clothes and each chose an outfit, along with general baby-gro's.

After they'd paid and lugged everything to the car, both Troye and Connor collapsed into their car seats.

"That was so exhausting." Troye groaned. He looked over at Connor with a cheeky smile. "What do you say about going out for something to eat after we take this all home?"

•*•*•*•
It's nearing the end! I'm quite excited about the end, it's quite sweet I think.
I'm also quite excited for Nanowrimo, I've not written anything apart from Tronnor for ages but I feel this is the right time for me to write a Janiel.

If you liked this chapter, please vote.

–Phoenix