17. Old ways

I stand there speechless. He still loves me? But, how could he betray my trust by beating my best friend?

"What?" I bluntly say.

"I'm sorry about the way I've been acting. I've just been jealous with you being around..Daryl."

He says Daryl's name as if he was talking about eating a rotten apple.

"He's just been getting more attention from you and I just..haven't been myself." He takes my hand and holds it with his while his eyes stare into mine. I can't help but feel like squirming, but I don't. "Can we start over? It would mean more than you could imagine to me."

He looks at me with his genuine eyes. Those eyes that I've looked at for such a long time. I just can't help but think of them when he looked at me when he hurt Daryl.

Shaking that memory off, I actually believe he wants to start over. So much that he looks almost desperate. I can't just say no. Can I?

He squeezes my hand softly.

"I know things have been..rocky. And I can't tell you how much I'm sorry I've acted like an idiot. I love you so much Hollywood."

I look back into his eyes and can't help but crack a smile. His face instantly lights up a bit at my action and I sigh.

"Okay," I say just above a whisper and he practically crushes me into a hug. "I'll give you one more shot."

"I won't let you down."

///

After that, Teddy had asked me if I wanted to hang out with his friends and him, but I politely turned down the offer.

I told him I wanted some time to think everything through, and for some reason, he bought it and let me be.

As I'm driving away from town, with my car filled with Daryl's birthday stuff, and entering the forest part I can't help but wonder why Teddy was in that mall in the first place.

He didn't have any bags so I wonder if he really was shopping. Was he just waiting for me to show up to catch me off guard to talk to me? How would he have known I would be there in the first place? Maybe he saw my car and followed me.

Thinking of that for some reason gives me the creeps and makes me shiver. Like everywhere I'm going I'm being watched. By no longer just my parents or police officers, but by my boyfriend too.

///

I'm soooooo beyond sorry I haven't updated in forever :( I'm also so sorry for this short chapter!!

I'll try to make it up by updating more often! I hope some people are still enjoying and reading this book!

Thanks as always for the support :)

XOXO