3. Manners

Daryl eventually saw me, and we had stayed together for the rest of the day.

We both didn't know anyone except for each other. Then again, this was only the second time we met. So, technically, we already new each other.

A little.

Once my eyes had met his blue ones, every single nerve that was hiding in my body, instantly just disappeared.

The funny thing was, he didn't even bring anything. Just himself. No lunch. Nothing. So I shared my food with him.

He basically inhaled it; like me with the pancakes. Just multiply that ten times.

Once the day was over, my brother came to pick me up and I said goodbye to Daryl, asking if he wanted to meet me at the cabin later that same night.

He replied with "Kay".

I smiled that same smile I had first meeting him.

///

7 years ago

Me and Daryl quickly became best friends after that day.

We managed to survive through Kindergarten, and go through elementary school. Now, we're going into middle school.

We're both eleven. Of course, he is a few months ahead of me, making him older. Our birthdays and the years seemed to fly by. I think Daryl influenced most of that for me.

I nervously stared at myself in the mirror. Tonight is the night Daryl is going to have supper at my place.

My parents overheard me talking to Luke about Daryl. Luke knows about Daryl from always having to get me from my classrooms, and then seeing me always talking with him, or us in the woods.

My parents suggested I brought him over some time.

It's not really that big of a deal, but, it's Daryl.

He isn't really the people-kind-of-person. I just don't want him to make a bad impression on my parents, for if my parents thought badly of him, then there's the risk they would tell me I can't hang out with him, or something like that.

I can't have that.

If I'm not at school with Daryl, I'm usually somewhere in the woods with him, in the cabin, or at the abandoned dock, by this river we discovered the other day.

I basically spend every second with him.

While pulling my hair out of its ponytail, my blonde waves flopped everywhere in a bundled, rats nest over my shoulders.

I used my brush, and quickly brushed the tangles out of it, then smoothed it down.

Good enough, I think to myself, then ran out my room, and hopped down the stairs.

"Daryl here yet?" Luke said to me smirking. I gave his arm a usual punch, and looked out the window.

No one.

"It's been almost half an hour now. He will be here any sec-"

The door bell boomed, ringing through my body, instantly interrupting my sentence.

I quickly opened the door, seeing a boy.
Not just any body.

Daryl.