5. Transferred

Present time

The alarm on my iPhone begins to go off. Without bothering to look; with the tap of my finger, it instantly shuts off.

I groan, and slowly sit up, making sure not too fast. It feels as if there's going to be a major hangover for me, but instead tiredness fills my body.

Last night I had one of those dreams. I only usually dream them about every once a month. But sometimes, I feel like those dreams are real. And they were.

There dreams of Daryl and me. Old memories of us together.

I will admit it. I do still think of him. Even though we haven't seen each other in like 11 years, I occasionally wonder how he's doing in, what he said, was our stupid world. We both have made completely new lives now. But, What has he been up to? Is he single or not?

I push those ideas into the back of my head, and focus on today.

I hop out of bed, and quickly brush my hair, but gently apply some hair product in, or else it will look crazy, then begin to get dressed.

Black skinny jeans, with a nice, light pink, floral top, and flats to match the whole things altogether. Perfect.

I run downstairs, say goodbye to my family, including Luke, who gets the free load off of my parents, by still living here, while he goes to the small collage in our town.

I then dash out the door, not knowing what is going to happen today.

///

Grade twelve.

Hallelujah.

The year when finally kids are free to go wild, then be added into our part of lives called adulthood.

I absolutely cannot wait.

To make everything even better; there's only a month left of school.

I honestly don't know what I want to do. My parents want me to attend law school. Classy right? I had always assumed I was in a movie, for my parents wanting me to go to a frickin' law school, and become a lawyer. That usually always happens in them.

My boyfriend, Teddy, even wants me to become one. We basically have our whole future planned out; and it involves the two of us moving out of town, and living together at the same university. That's what he really wants to do. But I'm not so sure yet.

Oh well. The pressure is hard, but whatever. I'll figure out something to do.

I walk into the ginormous school, and glance over at the usual sheet pinned up on the office door, that catches my eye every time.

It's our school senior prom.

Our school is known for our proms. I don't know why, but we just are. The student council, and all those people go pretty full out.

Everyone goes to the first part of it, then, once the committee announces prom king and queen, everyone leaves and goes over to one kids house, everyone different always hosts it every year, and we all party like there's absolutely no tomorrow.

Yeah, I might attend. I know Everyone assumes my boyfriend, Teddy, who is also aka the most hot and popular guy in school, is going to ask me. Then again, I know he will. He's also pretty hyped about the after party.

As I walk down the hallway to my first class, already at least fifteen people have said Hi Holly to me, or have given me a small wave, pointing out my, unfortunately, very pretty, according to Mom this morning, appearance.