6. The dock

Daryl went and sat at the back of the classroom beside some random kid that probably wanted nothing to do with him.

I wished I was that kid.

I kept on looking back to him, trying to make eye contact. But of course, he happened too be busy picking at a hole in his jeans. Not looking up once.

Everyone is now getting antsy to leave, especially me. We all have plans after school, hence today is Friday.

I plan to talk to Daryl. Who I haven't talked with in what feels like forever.

The bells finally rings loudly throughout the classroom. People stand up, and it soon becomes very crowded.

I try to keep my eyes locked on Daryl the entire time, but he seems to disappear in the sea of rushed students.

"I'm sorry. Excuse me!" I say, pushing past people as fast, yet politely, as I can.

"It's okay, Holly."

"Go right ahead."

"Whoops! Sorry Holly to be in your way!"

I sigh and droop my shoulders. Where the hell is he? All the guys here are all pretty tall, so that's a disadvantage for scouting him out.

I take another step forward, motivated to keep searching.

I am going to find Daryl if it-

Suddenly someone slams into my front. I stumble backwards a little from the sudden impact.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so-"

I look up to my victim. My eyes are connected and instantly locked with icy blue ones. Familiar blue ones. Daryl's blue eyes.

"Hi." I say softly, completely mesmerized by them.

"Hey." He says back, about the same tone as mine was.

Daryl looks the same. Changed, but the same. His hair has grown darker Brown, and is a little longer then the last time I saw it. Speaking of hair. I notice stubble around his chin. He's way taller. I can't help but also notice his shoulders have become broad, and you can just tell, he probably has abs.

He's wearing a button down, plaid shirt, that's dark red, and actually clean. Not his jeans or boots though, which are the complete opposite.

His voice has also gotten deeper, a lot deeper. A little raspy and husky, but deep. Which I very much like. It's suits him.

But his eyes. Those same blue, ocean eyes, which when I was younger would stare at for hours, are exactly the same.

As I'm studying him, the corner of his mouth turns into a smirk.

He also has that same smirk from when we were little.

Dammit. He's catching me staring at him. Then again, embarrassingly, I can't help but stare at my former best friend who has become basically a man.

"Um." I blink a few times, getting out of my trance. I can barely hear myself think from all the people, I have now noticed, that are yelling and are very loud. "Want to uh, go somewhere private? I mean, just so we can talk and stuff?!" I shout.