2. First day

Well, that smile eventually did go away.

Once I had got home, It was pretty dark and my parents got really mad at me. Giving me a long, familiar lecture about staying outside for too long then I should.

I could hear my brother snickering, whilst watching tv in the living room.
He had already had his supper.

When my parents weren't watching, I quickly stuck my tongue out at him.

Finally after they cooled down a bit, I ran upstairs to my bedroom with an empty stomach. But really, I didn't care.

All I could think about, was that Daryl Dixon. Where does he live? How come I never met him in those woods before? I'm basically out there everyday. Did he catch any animals once I had left? Unlike me, hopefully he will have a supper tonight.

I shook my head, all the questions building up and up in my brain, as I crawled on my bed that's pushed up to the wall, beside the window.

The sun has fully set now, in which the moon has now took its place.

I plopped my elbows on the window seal, and gazed out at the beautiful, now dark silver covered forest. Beyond miles of the wilderness, I can just make out my towns lights.

Wherever Daryl Dixon is, perhaps he is somewhere in that ginormous, dense forest. Or, maybe he lives in town?

I then decide I will go searching for him the next day.

///

"Hey Hollywood! Ya ready fer your first day of Kindergarten?" My brother shouted from down the hall, instantly waking me up. "I heard it's scary!!" He teased.

Hollywood is his nickname he, unfortunately, gave to me once I learned to talk. He always says I'm confident like a movie star, yet bossy like a director. Also, most of it partially is because of my first name.

I then realized I had fallen asleep on the window seal.

Suddenly, everything that had happened yesterday starts flooding back into my memory, as I get dressed into clean, new clothes.

Daryl.

"I don't want ta go!" I yelled back, as I stepped down the stars, and headed into the kitchen, where my Mother was flipping pancakes. My Dad sat at the table, drinking coffee, whilst scanning over the newspaper.

"Why not baby?" Mom questioned.

I want ta go find Daryl, I thought to myself, but those weren't the words that came from out of my mouth.

"I'm...tired."

"Well, maybe next time, you can listen to Mum, and pay attention to the time."

She gave me my pancakes, which I inhaled. I then grabbed my backpack filled with random school stuff inside, and ran to the door.

"Mama, Luke! Let's go!!" I stopped my feet with impatience.

The sooner school's done, the quicker I can go looking for Daryl. I honestly really didn't care that it was exactly the first day of pure torture for the next 12 years of my life. I just want to meet up again with my new friend. For some reason, I really had a liking towards Daryl.

Mom and Luke finally hurried up, and we hopped in the car, and drove off into town.

"You seem rushed." Mama said, looking in the rear view mirror at me. "And ya didn't wear the outfit we had planned!"

I stared down at my jeans, which are covered in grass and dirt stains. Along with a pink, horse shirt.

We had bought both me and Luke some nice, new clothes for school, but I just had forgot to dress into the outfit me and Mom had picked together.

We finally drove in town, and Mom pulled up to the not familiar building.

"Is this...school?" I asked, seeing other kids, different colours, and sizes, all walking inside.

"Yes it is. Do you want me to walk you guys in-"

"No Mom." Luke interrupted her.

"Ok, but take Holly to her classroom. Have a good day my gorgeous babies! I'll pick you up after school!" Mom gushed at us, as we hopped out of the car.

Luke muttered stuff under his breath as kids nearby glanced at us, then laughed, at my Mothers words. His cheeks a bright red.

"Come on." He finally grumbled so I could hear, grabbing my arm, and bringing me too a room in the building. "This is your class."

He then walked away, leaving me alone. Not bothering to even say goodbye.

I am barely ever scared. But at this single moment in my life, I was a nervous wreck.

Slowly, I walked into the room, filled with chatty, loud kids.

Suddenly someone particular instantly catches my eye.

Daryl Dixon.