A Fate Foretold Epilogue

Start from the beginning

            Ally grinned as she thanked and dismissed the guide. “Well, well. It’s good to see you, Tim.”

            Tim, still stupefied, could not answer. In such a state of shock, he barely registered the different accent emanating from the woman he had spent over a year living in the same house with.

            Ally’s grin grew wider as she observed his facial expression. His mind whirred through everything he knew about Ally and tried to assimilate this new information. His face betrayed each instance of shocked understanding as a new insight clicked in his brain. Comprehension dawned on his features as he finally broke the silence by breathing out, “Oh.”

            Even Sir Walter chuckled at that. “Oh, indeed.” He bowed his head respectfully to Ally before walking off to leave Ally and Tim to talk.

            “Did Christian know?” Tim asked, almost in a whisper.

            Ally smiled sadly. “Yes, towards the end.”

            “That’s why – that’s why you acted as you did. It explains – everything.”

            “I suppose it does.”

            “What do I call you? Your Majesty?”

            Ally’s face broke out in a smile, one of those full-blown elated smiles that had first so transfixed Christian two years before. “You can call me Ally.”

            “It feels disrespectful, but I can’t imagine calling you anything else.”

            Ally waved a hand to distract him from the topic. It was really the least of anyone’s concerns. “What are you here to see me about?”

            “My alpha sent me,” Tim answered distractedly. “About territory concerns with the Schumer pack. They’re encroaching on our eastern border in southern Canada.”

            “How is the Sullivan pack?” Ally asked, changing the subject slightly. She was already well informed about the Sullivan-Schumer disagreement.

            Tim nodded. “Good. Christian is still in Alaska, but I’m dividing my time between Alaska and the Californian headquarters. The Alpha has been giving me more and more responsibility.”

            Tim observed her carefully as he said, “My alpha secured a divorce between Christian and Kate. Without a nat amatra, there could never be Sullivan heirs, and the Hawkins family isn’t nearly as powerful anymore, so they got a divorce.”

            Ally nodded. It was difficult to negotiate a divorce between mates, but the circumstances were some of the most persuasive there were for one. It stood to reason that George Sullivan would pull out all the stops to ensure his son would have an heir.

            “After you disappeared the alpha was furious,” Tim added after a slight pause. “He was determined to track you down and bring you back, but Christian was adamant that it would be of no use. I think the alpha only caved because he was so amazed that Christian so resolutely stood up to him for the first time. I thought it odd at the time, but I guess I can see why tracking you down would have been fruitless, if not impossible.” He cracked a grin.

            Ally laughed. “Let’s go for a walk. I missed the mountain air so much, I still can’t get enough of it, even nine months later.”

            They exited the château, and followed a mountain path that gently sloped upward.

            “How are things with you and Sara?” Ally asked.