✙ Chapter 16 ✙

Start from the beginning

'Ryker Volkov was the second child out of the three. Like his father, he was temperamental, impulsive, and dangerous. He was feared among people and word traveled around that if you had spotted him, it was bad luck - surely you were supposed to die soon. While Caine had killed the witch's son, accusing fingers pointed more towards Ryker since he had created the majority of the mess. He had murdered the witch and slaughtered her coven, resulting in the village retaliating. It's believed that he decided to break away from his brothers in guilt and grief, blaming himself for his mother's death.'

I nibbled on my bottom lip and flipped the page, finding myself skimming Ethen's summary.

'Ethen Volkov was the youngest brother. He was known to be intelligent, fair, and creative as he was an aspiring writer. Supposedly, he was the hesitant one when it came to hurting people. He was always trying to talk his brothers out of trouble, especially Ryker. But, no matter what situation, he was loyal to his brothers and put them before himself. After he split from them, he wasn't seen by anyone; there weren't any sightings. Apparently, he managed to camouflage himself and was the first one to be claimed nonexistent.'

"So, if Caine exists," I whispered, squinting at the pages. "His brothers have to, right?"

"Are you talking to me?" Hulk blurted, confused.

I shook my head. "No, ignore me."

I thought about the brothers for a moment, realizing how difficult things were going to be. Caine was hovering around, claiming to protect me, though according to the book, he was sneaky and untrustworthy. He could've had a different motive for all I knew. After receiving my answers, I desired to kill him, especially after everything I had read in the pages. Obviously, I needed to be careful since he was skilled and there was also the possibility he possessed dark magic. In my mind, he was going to be the easiest to kill - after all, Ryker seemed to be the murderous one and Ethen was an expert at hiding. For a moment, I really thought that I was out of my mind for planning to kill the three oldest werewolves around. I rubbed my forehead and released a quiet moan, receiving a strange look from Hulk.

"Is something wrong?" Hulk questioned, curiously.

I pinched my lips together. "I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to kill someone." Or, three people, I thought, thinking about Caine's brothers.

"You know, you can't kill Drew because - "

"Not him," I interrupted, rolling my eyes. "I-I need to see him again."

"Drew is busy cleaning the basement."

"Not him," I groaned, shaking my head. I needed to speak with Caine and get the answers I was looking for, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to kill him. The unanswered questions would've drove me insane; I ran my fingers through my hair and took a deep breath. "How am I going to get him here?" Hulk watched me in confusion, his lips twisted. I thought about it for a long moment until it occurred to me that Caine was apparently protecting me. He had came to my rescue when I was being chased by the red-eyed werewolves, which I still didn't know anything about, so if I was in danger, he had to come to my rescue again, right? "He has to come. . ."

"Drew's probably almost done."

I closed my eyes, telling myself to ignore him. I started flipping through the pages, heading towards the back of the book. The majority of the paragraphs spoke about their village, survivors, and other things that weren't useful to me. I was hoping there were answers to my questions in the book rather than me speaking to Caine himself. I stopped on a page with various swords and weapons doodled in the corners, reading the paragraph silently to myself.