Heswyn grins and claps her hands together with a cackle. "Yes! That's true, he technically isn't on the island." Heswyn looks to Delia with shining eyes. "I hope I'm not the first to tell you that you're absolutely brilliant." She says, repeating Delia's words from earlier.

The writer blushes crimson and mutters out a thank you.

"That is true." Yetska relents. "He technically isn't on the island."

"Exactly!" Delia says. "So, that should mean he's safe to go."

"I suppose." Yetska drawls out before sending Delia a wink. "Go on then, hurry before I change my mind. Also, librarian, don't dare to forget your promise I'm returning to the island."

"I'll be back as soon as I can." Heswyn promises as both librarian and writer scramble on to the dinghy.

"Good, then let the Amazons be the ones to set your boat off." At that the group of warriors push the boat out into the water so Kagon can more easily row back to the ship.

"May Mivv bring bravery into your hearts!" Yetska bids.

As soon as the Amazons are dots on the Paridian shoreline, Heswyn turns to the hero and smacks him upside the head. "If it wasn't for Delia's quick thinking, then you'd be dead!"

Kagon shrugs. "I could of taken them."

This time Delia is the one to hit the back of his head. "Next time listen to us!"

Kagon rubs the area where the women hit him with a groan. "I'm afraid that Heswyn is rubbing off on you too much, Delia."

Delia rolls her grey eyes, but simpers nonetheless. "Sticks and stones, Kagon. You'll be the death of us all, won't you?"

〰〰〰

Two long days later; Kagon, Delia, and Heswyn are back in the great library of Lithko in the library's upstairs laboratory. The laboratory itself is a sterile room with shelves upon shelves of strange concoctions and documentaries. Kip lays on one of the many lab tables while Thil carefully placed the heart-shaped berries in a small bowl beside him.

"Be careful, nephew." Heswyn warns. "Do remember that the seeds within True Love's Kiss are sensitive and easily burst, contaminating the juice needed with the poison within each seed."

"I'll be careful." Thil says as he takes out thin knife along with small tweezers. "I do dangerous procedures like this all the time."

"Of course you do." Heswyn grumbles as Thil gently takes one of the berries and splices it in half.

On either side of the cut berry are rows of tiny seeds that can burst with the slightest pressure applied to them. Delia clenches her hands into fists, her nails biting into her palms.

We might not know if one of the berries burst, we could accidentally feed the contaminated juice to Kip!

Kagon's hand on her shoulder grounds her mind from wandering to such dark places. She look up at the hero, feeling eaten away with nerves, but thankful for his comfort.

"It will be alright, lass." Kagon says, taking one of her hands and uncurling them. "Don't hurt yourself now, it'll do no good."