Temporary Bliss || [A/L]

a/n: another "fuck buddy standards" scenario with yuuji but he becomes infatuated.

(ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧ i only label this as angst bc i keep describing terushima's pain :u haha. btw it's up to the reader for the ending i guess.

Temporary Bliss - The Cab || lemon hinted only

          It's a quarter past two and he comes over, love in his eyes yet blinded by you. Terushima just wanted a taste of heaven, the sweetness and softness that belonged to you. He was on his knees. He can't help it, he was addicted honestly, but he can't stand the pain inflicted when morning comes around. It was a routine that he should of seen coming though he would never get use to you not holding onto him when he wakes up in the morning, on your own bed. Terushima comes over, late at night, and there was a round of fucking or two until you two sleep upon the bed.

He wouldn't complain about the fucking, not ever, but he's only complaining there was nothing more. There was a small, swelling feeling in his chest and you had to feel it too, right? He was aching so badly to just keep you in his arms, whisper words of affection and love only to you. But what was stopping him?

Tell him, what was the point of doing this every night if what you were giving him is nothing, but a half-heart, a lullaby even, that would kill his dreams. He can't sleeping in your bed if you kept messing with his head before he slips under your sheets. As selfish as he sounded, Terushima wanted more from you. More affection and love, specifically. He can't keep touching you like this if it's only temporary bliss. Just temporary bliss.

The two of you were once fire, now it was frozen. There was no desire, nothing spoken. Were you now playing with him? Was he stupid for waiting around for you to open your heart to him?

This was the final morning and he was scared to death, but no feeling was worse than not being able to have your feelings returned to him. This is the last time and you had to make up your mind. He grabs your wrist as you slip of your bed; you're bare to his eyes, but he's not concerned about that.

"What is it?," there's a slight coldness in your voice in which Terushima flinches slightly, but collects himself instantly.

"I can't keep doing this if you're only messing with me," he plainly states.

For a brief moment, you look over your shoulder to look at him, but then break the eye contact by looking away. The eye contact was fairly short within the second.

"I told you there was no strings attached; zero, none, nothing at all."

His heart twists slightly from your response; the dull ache returns to him.

"But I can't keep going on if it's temporary bliss."

You harshly tug your arm away from Terushima's grasp rather angrily. Through gritted teeth, you hiss at the blonde male. "I already told you the reason why I don't want any attachment."

You slip off the bed without another word as you head to the bathroom with a fresh pair of clothes in your arms, leaving the boy in the room with nothing but heartbreak.

He was your one and only, only when you were lonely.

All the phone calls in the middle of the night, the sound of your voice reaching out to him for another night. He was so sick and tired of it when he was trying to be your whole life instead. He can't continue like this; sleeping in your bed while you're messing with his head. Was it so much to ask for you to return feelings before he slips under your sheets?

No, he can't keep touching you like this if it's just temporary bliss. He can't keep sleeping there, he can't let you continue to mess with his head, he can't keep feeling love like this.

It's not worth the temporary bliss.