How Do You Sleep? || [A] Ajin!AU

- HORROR WARNING? -

a/n: fair warning, there's an Ajin character who looks exactly like Terushima lmfao.

??part one??

Ajin ; a demi-human, basically immortal. They are known to not die like normal human beings. This is not known why or how they cannot die like humans either. They usually do not know they are an Ajin until death occurs to them and they revive with a fresh body, showing no signs of injury.

          Ajins. Only forty-seven was known around the world. Would it make it forty-eight now that he was exposed? Terushima didn't even know himself we was one of them until that truck had rammed his body, crushing him under it. He struggled to crawl out from under it, but managed somehow. His head was spinning, his mind hazy, and his eyes darted among the crowd who was giving him an odd look between horror and shock.

Then he hears it. The sound of what is tight latex being moved or even a plastic knife's edges running a lot a rough rock's surface. He looks at his hands, seeing the black particles float around what use to be his open wounds. A thought struck his mind.

He had died.

Terushima curses under his breath as he dashes off before the police starting arriving at the scene. It was only years ago the first Ajin was called throughout the world and it was only a year after that, that videos leaked of Ajin torture was surfacing the internet. The male had seen it all and of course, it was terrible.

The government wanted to capture all known Ajins for experimentation. They wanted to know just how these Ajins where unable to die, but revive just only mere moments later. Terushima thought of it. The video replayed in his mind where the man directly shoots an Ajin in the head and the body of the Ajin stops moving for a second. The body of the Ajin was tied and strapped onto a chair, his body completely covered in what seemed like bandages.

After running for so long, he finally reaches the woods; resting under a tree and pressing his back against the trunk as he pants heavily. His chest heaves and he slicks his hair back seeing as how it got a little messy while he was running away.

He didn't want to imagine being captured by the government. Just thinking about what they might do; cut off his limbs, repeatedly shoot him in the brain, or drill his face in; it was giving him the chills. The government would not stop those 'experimentation' until either some miracle happens that someone breaks them out or they finally get the information they want, which would be quite awhile.

He slams his fist onto the trunk of the tree. "Dammit!"

Dying again and the again, feeling the pain of every bullet, of every needle, of every injury they inflict on his body; it was driving him crazy. He curses to himself again as he pulls out his phone, wondering who would help him especially at this ungodly hour.

        The forgotten phone upon your desk top buzzes and rings as you're putting away books. You blink as it caught your attention, seeing at how it was past sunlight hours, so you set the stack of books onto the floor to head over to your very desk. You're a little shock at the caller, but you don't hesitate to pick up immediately.

"[F/N]!," Terushima's voice yells. He flinches upon your next response.

"I know," you simply say. "I.. Was there when it happened."

You sigh as you felt bad you did nothing to save him, to prevent the accident from happening. You keep the phone to your ear as you pull out a gym bag from your closet, stuff necessities into the spacious bag.

"Could you.. Help me?"

From his side, he's sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck, feeling somewhat guilty begging for your help.

"Where are you?"

He perks up at your response.

"The tree in the woods..." he breathes out softly. "The one we use to play at when we were kids."

"I'm on my way."

Then the two phones click, ending the call.

      He waits awhile for you, nervous that he asked you to come out during dark hours. He anxiously sits there now, concerned for your well being, until a light shines through the bushes. "[F/N]?," he calls out as he stands, trying to shield his eyes from the bright light.

Once the light isn't directly in his eyes, he sees an officer instead of you. His eyes widen as the officer calls on his walkie talkie, reporting he's finally sighted the Ajin and directing his exact location, but before he could finish halfway, his body is flung to the side as a large bag collides with with his head, knocking him out for a brief moment.

You appear as the man lays on the floor, breathing heavily. "Sorry for coming after he's found you," you frown. Terushima only shakes his head as he grabs the bag from you, swinging it over his shoulder before grabbing your wrist. "No time for formalities," he says as he starts running off, dragging you behind him just in time as the officer sits up, reporting the incident of an accomplice helping the Ajin.

     It had been nearly three months since that very incident and during that time lapse, the two of you had found out you were an Ajin as well when you had taken a bullet for Terushima. It went straight to your chest, knocking you straight out, which hurt him incredibly you were dead, thought just seconds later, that same noise of cackling is heard as your body is regenerating and you finally awaken.

Although, the government had found you out as well, wanting to claim you as well for experimentation. The two of you prayed neither of you would be caught, but it was jinxed. At the current moment, you were held a facility by the Japanese government, most likely they were running experiments on you.

Terushima loads up the guns and tightens the straps on his body; his mission was retrieving you from the facility, even if it meant him dying a million times over.