Chasing Time || [T]

a/n: inspired by my favorite boy from the game, League of Legends. I love Ekko so much but I don't play him often. BTW I CRIED THE HELL OUT WHEN WRITING THIS FUCK.

Thanks for the 1k views!

T = Tragedy

heavily inspired by The Boy Who Shattered Time; Ekko.

             It's not how much time you have, it's how you use it. Every second matters.

It was like a judgement day. Everything was taken from you in a heartbeat. Your family was killed and you were forced to run away from your own house, living upon the streets. The city of Zaun was run down; a futuristic yet apocalyptic-like city now. Majority of the builds were tall and looming over the people, as if it had eyes to watch every person's step. Every citizen feared the leader of Zaun, oppressing every man, woman, and child.

You cower behind a pile of wooden crates as a mechanical hovercraft slowly flew pass by you, the small, yet bright light of the floating android scanning the surroundings. Once it had continued to search for you further down it's path, you exhale briefly. Suddenly, a voice calls out your name causing you to jump from your spot.

"Terushima?" you harshly whisper as the blonde male appears from the shadows of the alleyway. His face was dirtied and his clothes were worn down slightly, but a smile was plastered upon his face at the sight of you.

"Oh my god, you're okay!"

He rushes up to hug you tightly, seemingly to crush your form.

"I was really worried... I heard what happened to your family and I was scared I would never see you again."

Terushima sighs softly as he pulls back from the hug to see you.

The male teen had been a close friend of yours since the two of you were young, but keeping in touch was hard living in a place like Zaun. Even Terushima had lost his family some time after you two had met.

"I guess this is how we're going to live?" He mutters as he kicks at the murky puddle on the ground.

"....I guess so." 

       "Get the hell out of my shop, you bitch!"

You ran as fast as you could, far from the workshop you just had raided as an old man was throwing curses at you. Clutching the heavy bag close to your body, you made your way back to a run-down shelter you and Terushima had resided in months ago.

"Where the hell have you been?" Terushima narrows his eyes at you as you have entered the shelter through a small entrance that only you two knew of.

"I picked something up from that weird machine worker." you mumbled as you sat beside him, setting the bag down in front of you.

The male sighs softly as he puts aside the food he was unpacking.

"What have I told you about stealing?" He sternly says to you.

"You steal food all the time!"

"For us though! We need food to survive! We don't need machines or gears or anything related to that junk!"

He stops when he sees the look of hurt across your face and he looks away, going back to putting out the food from his own bag he had gathered. "...Sorry." He mutters.