Fifty eight❦

"nothing can make him turn his back on you"

Harry's POV

What was I thinking?!

Leaving like that, without no warning... Selena will be so worried, she may think I ran away, leaving her... with her douchebag of a friend.

Like I guessed, there is no one in the train. Who would leave the city that early anyway... Oh yeah, my fucked up self would.

I need to let her know I'm okay, but I don't want her to know that I'm on my way to North  Carolina to find my ex girlfriend Ava and try to redeem myself to her, and Selena... And for the good of my conscience as well. She doesn't need to know that.

Yeah she just need to know I'm okay.

Before I lost myself in my thoughts, I decide to text her.

"Hey, needed to clear my mind for a bit. I left for New York early this morning, i didn't bother to pack my stuffs because I'll come back soon. (1/2 days max). I want you to know that I'm sorry about last night, I overreacted and i was drunk, even if it's not an excuse, and i plan on redeeming myself to you. Enjoy a few days alone with your family, forget about everything else, just breathe for a while. I know how overwhelming your life has been lately. (except for the amazing trip we had- that was awesome). But you need a little time off, well, off without me.

I love you, always,

-H xx"

I hesitate before taping 'Send' but do it anyways, and i let out a breath I was holding.

I just hope I'll find Ava in a good place, happier than she ever would have been with me anyway.

After an hour passed in the train, I hear my phone buzz in my pocket and hurry to get it, hoping to see Selena's name on the screen. I'm quite disappointed to see Marco's name.

Marco is someone I hired to find information about Ava. He apparently found a few things, a name, and an address. Her family name changed to Miller, could she be married? The thought makes me smile.

I'm surprised to find a little inch of selflessness in me. I've always been selfish, never thought about anyone's feelings but mine- well that, until I met Selena.

She made me a better person, and I can't help but think I bring out the worse in her.

I made her do bad things.
I took her innocence without regretting it one second. But who could blame me, the girl held my heart and soul.

Selena's POV

He left. He's gone once again, but this time with a promise he'll come back.

And that makes me happy. It's enough, for now, to think he'll be back. What isn't enough is the thought of him leaving everytime he made a mistake...

What could possibly make him want to go to New York only for a day or two?

Clear his mind?
Every time he'll mess up he'll need to leave me so I can forget?

Our relationship is going through such a bad phase, I can't remember the last time I was in a room with Harry, and wasn't overthinking every single thing.

And there's also the fact that I'm still not able to have sex with him... It's like I don't trust him anymore, like I'm always scared he'll leave me behind.

I need to open up. To tell someone.

"Mom, can we talk?" My parents and sister arrived back home this afternoon, and now mom is cooking dinner.

"Of course sweetie, what's bothering you?" And so I tell her about my insecurities about my relationship with Harry, that he got into a fight because of jealousy, and that I love him like I've never loved somebody before, and that's why I'm so scared he'll leave.

"Honey this between you two is unhealthy. You both can't keep thinking the other is going to run away. You need to trust each other, and you need more confidence Selena. You need to understand that this man loves you and that he will always be here, I've seen it love, the way he looks at you, talks to you and holds you. I know nothing can make him turn his back on you"

My mother's words have a sweet effect on me, and I feel the weight i had on my shoulders for so long lighten up.

That's when I realize, i've never been really supportive of Harry. I was when we first met, and started dating but now, all i do is remind him how he's messing things up. I'm such an idiot. How could I act this way when I know how he feels about himself ?

I need to go see him.

I'm leaving for New York today.

A/N :
Oooooops...
Sorry this chapter isn't that good :/
Vote comment share!
Love you loads!

-Elie
(Ps: SENIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL IS NOTHING LIKE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL GODDAMMIT)