"I've got to go." I stood up.

"Don't do this, don't shut us out!" Mum protested.

"Talk to us." Dad agreed.

"Why do I need to?" I talked to the hallway, my back to my parents. "Pick up the paper and read all about it."

"At least tell us if it's true. People make stuff like this up all the time, and the so called source close to the family, it's just all a little bit-" Mum began.

"Yes it's true!" I shouted to the rest of the house. "So I'm going out now, bye."

"Brooklyn! Come back! We haven't fini-"

I slammed the front door and stepped out into the fresh air, angry and not in the mood to talk to them. I'm going to Lola's.

It didn't take me long to get there, as I stormed angrily through the streets. The walk wasn't pleasant. All I could think about was Lola, and how she had completely betrayed me. I hadn't even thought of what I was going to say. Everything was still sinking in, the wound raw and open.

I reached Sally's flat, and pressed the intercom non stop. I need an answer.

"Hello?" I heard Lola's nervous voice breaking on the other end.
She knew I was coming.

"Let me in Lola. Now." I didn't even bother trying to make small talk.

She buzzed back, and I pushed open the door and sprinted upstairs. The flat seemed deserted to my eye. Sally must be at work. But then I turned around and Lola was stood there, rigid to the spot, staring at me sadly. I was so angry I barely noticed how beautiful she looked, even when she had hardly slept and I was angry at her.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I yelled.

"I'm sorry!" She shouted back tearfully.

"I trusted you!" I cut her off. "And you went to them! How could you?"

"I'm sorry! People might not even believe it..." She sniffed, wiping her streaming eyes.

"Might not believe it? People are gonna think I'm whiny little child!" I spat. "You've ruined my reputation!" Everything suddenly sunk in. This could stick with my for the rest of my life. "I'm never gonna get any work! I'll never be a photographer." It hurt to say it.

Lola was really crying now. "I'm so sorry! If I could go back and change it, I would, but I-"

"Of course you'd say that now! You've done it, it's too late!" I sighed, turning round. I can't stand to look at her crying when it's my life that's falling apart here. No one will employ me when they've read that article.

"Brooklyn." She said my name. "Brooklyn please. Yesterday - everything was good. We were good."

"Not any more."

"What?"

"It's over. For good this time." I have to do this. I have to end this before it destroys us both.

"What?" She whispered again. "What no! No you can't do this." She put her hands on my back.

"I can and I am." I could sense her crying behind me. I shrugged her hands off of me and walked away.

"Come back!" She cried as I walked towards the door but I ignored her. She grabbed my arm like a child as I tried to get out of the door

"Get off Lola!" I pushed her off me.

"I'm sorry! Give me another chance!"

How could I give her another chance after what she did to me? Publicly! I can't. I'm a laughing stock.

"Get off!" I pushed her and she stumbled back a bit, her face hurt. I turned away and slammed the door, leaving her in a mess behind me.

Hey guys! Another chapter! Only a couple left to go. Have you guys enjoyed this book?

Thanks so much for reading, I appreciate it so much!

Please vote if you enjoyed this (I'm pretty proud of this chapter if I do say so myself) and leave lovely comments (I love reading you guys' comments).

Xx
Fluuctuate