Chapter 35: (B)

I waited in the lobby for her to return. Eventually she did. I was out of way, and at first she didn't see me. But then her Aunt asked her if she was ready to leave, and she said she had to say one last goodbye.

She walked up to me, slowly but surely. But also sadly.

I hope this isn't the last time we see each other. It's been less than a week, but we've already been through so much, it's ridiculous.

This is a girl that's seen me cry, seen me at my worst and my weakest, and when I didn't want to talk to anyone, not even listen to the thoughts in my own head, she made me want to talk to her.

And then, in front of the press, when she was vulnerable, I supporter her. We were strong when the other was weak, and when we were both strong - well, we all know what happens then. Despite being electric, it's dangerous. Who knows what could happen? What were we thinking?!

"Hey." I spoke first, wanting to get my words out before I changed my mind. "Are you okay? I heard the fight, and about your Dad."

She rolled her eyes weakly. "I think the whole hotel heard." Her voice sounded close to cracking. "I'll be fine, it just needs to sink in."

"Well if you ever want to talk about anything-" I began, although what experience I had in drug dealer fathers would be quite minimal, so I'm not sure how much help I could be.

She interrupted, throwing herself into me and giving me a tight hug.

"Thank you." she mumbled into my shoulder. "You've done so much more than you needed to."

She pulled away, lost eyes looking into mine.

"But right now I just need space."

I sighed. "I was afraid you were going to say that."

She nodded, looking down and biting her lip, her soft brown hair falling over her eyes.

"When can I see you?" I was getting worried. "Will I ever see you?"

"I'm going to live with Sally now, remember?" She gestured to her Aunt behind us, checking out six huge pink cases.

"Where does she live?"

"Notting Hill, I think."

"Great! That's one tube stop away! Text me the address, I'll come and s-"

"I don't think that's a good idea. Not just yet."

"Let me know when." I persisted.

"I will."

She gave me one more hug. Possibly the last ever. My hands caressed her back, her head buried in my chest, not my shoulder this time.

It felt like an 'I love you' moment, but did I really love her? Did she love me? Was this love? How would I know if it was? I've never properly been in love. Or have I?
Questions flying through my mind, I pulled away from the hug.

I didn't want to say goodbye. But what else could I say?

"Goodbye." my voice was little more than a whisper. "Goodbye Lola." I repeated.

"Bye Brooklyn. I won't forget you."

I reached out for her hand as she turned, but our fingers didn't quite touch.

She smiled at her Aunt. They picked up their cases. She was gone. Gone.

Hey guys! A short chapter I know, I quickly wrote this in about 7 minutes or something haha! But still it's a chapter!

thanks to TrigerBrooks for all the support!

Keep reading Runaway guys, there's some good chapters coming soon! Leave your comments and/or questions on the chapter as I'd love to hear what you think about the story and characters. I'd say so far, but Stop Me doesn't have too far left to go and then it's finished.

Thank you, the reader, for coming on this incredible journey with me for 35 chapters, and I hope it continues for many more!

Xx
Fluuctuate