Chapter 61: (B)

Everything with Lola was going great. Soooooo great. I can't believe she basically forgave me for turning her drug dealer Dad over to the police. To be fair though, I did only do it to protect her. I just wanted him out of her life, and no, it isn't selfish to want a dangerous man away from your girl.

I slept well that night, for the first time in a while. It was as though nothing could ruin it anymore. After an eventful fashion week, and then Lola's Dad, nothing could come between us any more. We were solid.

I rolled over in bed to check my phone, which was vibrating like crazy for some reason. I unlocked it to see tons of messages from my friends, all seemingly asking if I was okay.

I'm fine?!

I replied to the lads group chat, confused to this whole misunderstanding. I have no idea what is going on right now.

My friend Max replied in seconds.

You've been seriously snaked man www.dailymail.com/article_00072638

Baffled, I tapped the link as I got myself out of bed, pulling on my dressing down and brushing my hair out of my eyes.

It appeared on my screen in seconds. My heart leapt into my throat when I read the title. Oh god. Nothing titled 'Beckham Secrets' can be good.

I read the article, barely able to breathe. This can't be. Then I reread it, skimming through whenever I saw my name. What the hell is this? Then I saw the picture. Me and Lola leaving fashion week last week. She was the only one I'd talked to about my feelings.

I gulped, feeling choked up. How could she betray my trust like this? 'A source close to the family' of course that would be her. It took me a couple of moments to process. The girl I love told the papers my deepest darkest thoughts, that I'd only told her.

I stood there for a couple of moments in my messy semi-light bedroom, heart and thoughts racing. What do I do? There's only one thing I can do. I've got to go round there and talk to her.

I quickly washed and pulled on some clothes, an old hoodie and jeans, and slipped on some shoes, slamming my bedroom door and sprinting down the stairs with my phone in my hand.

"Brooklyn!" I heard Mum call from the kitchen.

"Urgh..." I growled, turning round just as I was about to open the front door.

Her and Dad were sitting at the breakfast table. Behind them, through the window, I could see the kids running around in the garden playing football.

The resigned look on their faces was enough to tell me what this was about.

"You've read it haven't you." It wasn't a question. I knew.

"Yes. We have." Dad smiled a sad smile. "Sit down, Brook."

"No. I'm going out now."

"Please."

I did, scraping out the chair from opposite them and sinking into it.

"Brooklyn, you know that you can talk to us about anything, right?" Mum put her hand across the table, reaching for mine.

"We didn't know you felt like that." Dad added sympathetically. "I mean we guessed, being in the spotlight - but we never knew that-"