Chapter 28: (L)

I left Brooklyn's room, my eyes swimming with tears. I didn't put my underwear back on, as I had scurried out of the room so quickly, so now it felt strange to have the cool air conditioning blowing in a place where Brooklyn's fingers had been moments ago.

Luckily my room was only next door (I never thought I'd hear myself think that) so I didn't have to walk very far with tears rolling down my cheeks, smudged dark lipstick, messy hair, and carrying a pair of shoes and a pair of knickers.

I unlocked the door, sunk down onto my bed and sobbed. The crying didn't last long, as I didn't even know what I was crying over. During my crying I heard a door slam somewhere, and it brought me back to my senses a bit. After probably less than two minutes of tears, I wiped my eyes and took off my makeup, changing into pyjamas and switching on the TV.

That's when I heard a fist hit the other side of the wall as high heels clip clopped down the corridor.
That must be Brooklyn's fist.

I pulled out my phone and text him.

I'm sorry.

He replied almost instantly.

It wasn't your fault.

I sighed and threw my phone across the bed and turned the volume up. I knew he'd blame himself. Right now, I just wasn't having any of it. Mum has a surprise for me this evening and at the moment, that's what I want to focus on.

During the next few hours of TV time, I heard my phone go off several times, so I just switched it off and started getting ready for dinner. I couldn't face putting on the Victoria Beckham dress again, so I pulled on my white jeans that I'd worn on the first day. Wow. That seems so long ago when I look back now.

And so much has happened since then.
Not all of it good.

I didn't put on any makeup, not really feeling up to it, and I just headed down to dinner.

I looked anxiously around the lobby for any sign of the Beckhams, but there was nothing. I hope they haven't left. I've ruined fashion week for an entire family.

Mum was waiting for me in the lobby, looking better than she had all week. She had changed out of her work clothes and her hair was out of its usual tight bun. Mum turned round when I reached her.

"Lola!" She reached out her arms and hugged me tighter than usual. She might have noticed something was wrong. "Are you alright, you look ever so upset?"

"I'm fine, Mum. Just tired."

"Oh, well you can go to bed straight after dinner, I promise."

"What's this surprise then?" I asked as we walked into the restaurant.

"It's waiting at our table." she replied happily, walking over to a table where a man was already sitting down with his back to us.

"Hey, I think someone's already sitting-"

Mum continued straight for the table anyway, as the man's shaven head turned around to face me and my heart jumped into my throat with a jolt of recognition as I drew closer to the table.

No. It couldn't be. It just couldn't. What was going on.

"Lola?" Mum said uncertainly.

I was close enough to sit down now, but I couldn't. My legs were frozen in their place, my heart and breathing rapid.

"D-dad?" I stuttered.

"That's right. It's me, hun. Your old man."

Hey guys! What a plot twist! If I do say so myself...

First of all I'd like to thank you all for almost 35,000 reads! I never thought this many people would have read something I've worked so hard towards and poured my words into and I'm so happy!
Thanks for all the great comments as well. As I say, I love reading what you guys think!

So here's a short chapter for you, and I'm going to try and update my other story, Runaway, soon as well! Sorry if that ones been a bit slow moving, I just want it to be perfect.

So I hope you enjoy this, let me know in the comments and votes.

Xx

Fluuctuate