Chapter 18: (B)

I pulled away from the hug and turned around to him, but taking Lola's hand and squeezing it.

"Hi Dad." I said casually, acting like nothing had happened.

"A word please, Brooklyn. In your room." he added harshly, making sure that Lola couldn't hear what he was going to say (which was probably about her.)

"Goodnight." I said quietly to Lola, as she made her way shakily to the lift.

"We'll get the next one." Dad assured her before the doors closed. "Hope you had a good day." It would seem like a nice thing to say to someone, but with him it sounded cold.

I didn't even look at him, let alone speak to him. We stood in the lift avoiding eye contact, and walked silently down the plushly carpeted corridor.
When I reached my room, I thought about saying I didn't have my key, but with Dad in this mood- maybe that was a bad idea.

I unlocked the door and went inside, sitting down on the bed. Dad stormed inside, his anger evidently only being released in my room. He slammed the door and then came the outbursts.

"What the hell were you thinking?" He yelled. "Where were you at breakfast this morning when I told you to 'take things slow'? And then I can't find you at the party, your mother and I were so worried! But you're fine aren't you, swanning around London with some girl you just met!" He says the word girl as if it's something dirty, not to be talked about in his presence.
I can't believe this. He's so angry.

I mean, what have I actually done wrong? Nothing. Not a thing.

It doesn't stop there.

"I mean,you didn't even stop to think how this would reflect on your Mum and me, did you? She worked hard for this collection, and you're out walking the streets with a stranger instead of staying here and supporting her! It's absolutely-"

"Sorry!" I cut him off before he could say any more. "I'm sorry, okay." I added, more quietly as he stood there panting, arms folded.

"Brook, I thought you listened to me." he sat down next to me.

"I did listen. I just- I really like her, Dad."

"Yes I know that Brooklyn." he stressed. "But you know how it is, you're not the average boy are you."

"But I am." I observed.

He sighed. "No, no, I mean," he tried again. "I mean, the things you do, it's not the same as when someone, not famous does it. You know what I mean, Brook. When the press saw you and Chloe, they went crazy. And now, this, well let's just hope they don't get word of this."

"Yeah." I added sarcastically, although I think he thought I meant it.

"Well, then. I'll see you in the morning." He stood up, smoothing down the bedcovers.
Before he left, he added, "Oh, and I know Lola's a great girl, but...maybe just stay away from her for a bit, you know. Take it slow."

And then he left, closing the door.
I put my elbows on my knees, my fingers over my mouth, and let out a long sigh.

Now what was I going to do?

Hey guys! Another short chapter, sorry! Comment what you think/want to happen, or what you think of the chapter!
I know I keep begging this, but check out my other story, Runaway, as I hate to say it but the story I've got for it is longer and slightly better than this one, even though it's just started!
Enjoy! Thanks for reading!

Xx
Fluuctuate