Chapter 29: The Ball (Part 1)

Start bij het begin

"Here." I handed him my two invitations, mine and Donghae's, but Jaejoong let out a black card and show it to the guy in front us.

"Oh, i'm so sorry sir. Please, come in, come in." The man instantly bowed at us and pointed straight to where the venue's at. I gasped at his action as i heard Jaejoong chuckled and pulled me inside.

"What was that about?" I asked him.

"Nothing, just some privilege card i bought years ago. Now lets go find our table." Jaejoong said and hurriedly walked tagging me along with him.

As we entered the hall, my hand instantly flew to my mouth when i saw the whole place where the party will be held. Its so big and i can't describe how extravagant looking it was. Its obvious that they prepared it very well for all the guest who will be attending this event.

"Hey Dara, wipe your mouth, you're drooling." I heard Jaejoong laughed beside me but my hand instantly flew to his arm smacking him in the process.

I returned my gaze back to scanning the venue, "Wow, this is amazing. I've never been in places like this. I can't wait to put this on my article." I commented.

"Don't worry, i'll help you meet other business men here later. You'll get your article done in no time." He said patting my shoulder.

"But what about my staff? Will they be allowed to enter?" I asked him worrying about my team.

"Oh, that. Unfortunately, they can't. This is exclusive for those who only have invitations. Maybe that's the reason your boss gave you one." He explained. I nodded in response thinking how will i be able to cover everything without their help.

"So its all up to me now.." I frowned.

"Hey, i told you i'l help you didn't i? Don't pout like that, it makes me want to kiss you." Jaejoong said and that earned him another smack, this time harder.

"Try it and i'l punch you in the face!" I said as i showed him my curled fist.

"Hahahaha. Fine, fine. Your so cute." He pinched my cheeks making my mask move out of its original place. "There! Let's sit there!"

"Wait! Why are you so hyper!" I told him as i let him drag me to the table.

We are now sitting on our table waiting for the program to start. All tables are occupied except for the long table in front where i think the major sponsors and host will be sitting.

The background music began to stop, i saw a man walked closer to the podium and held the mic to his mouth. "Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to our annual convention, meet and greet. I'l be your host for tonight." Everyone gave him a round of applause as he held his hand in the air for us to stop. "All of these won't be possible without the help of our major sponsors. Let's all stand up and welcome the 'Big three' and their heirs." All of us stood up and welcome the incoming guest entering from the side door. A big round of applause was heard inside the venue as they showed themselves one by one.

I craned my neck sideways so i can clearly see them. "Jaejoong, who are they?" I asked him but i heard no response. I look at my side and he was no where in sight. Where the hell could he be? That idiot, i thought he's going to help me. I returned my gaze in front when i heard the host introduced them.