Chapter 56

The bitch almost figured out what he was. Marco steamed in the back of the car as they head to a motel in town. For years he had been able to keep his cover and in just a few minutes she would have blown it all to hell. He wanted to kill her right on the spot but that fucking shield she had inherited from Narvona had kept him away.

For years he has been posing as one of the council members, drinking the blood wolves to cover his scent and after all this time none of the members had find out. He along with fellow men have been waiting and listening out for the Coupling to emerge again. It had only occurred once before and an oracle on her death bed had threatened him that there will be another to stop his kind, just before he had ripped her to threads.

'I can't understand why Alexis would react like that.' Herman said. He and Jerman had been speaking about the event from the moment they left the pack house. Marco smirked at their confusion. Pathetic bastards didn't know shit, he had been alive long enough to know the most about the first Coupling and what was in store for the super natural world. One ruler that all must follow. Well him and his fellow masters wanted that power and they had no intention of letting some pathetic children stand in their way.

Years they have been in waiting, hiding. No one of this time actually knew they exist or who know they still exist. He thought again about the power he hand felt when Alexis and Lucas had finally mated. They didn’t even know what they had. Such power...all corners of the supernatural world had felt it when they mated. It had caused uproar; even he had felt it and he rejoiced in the revelation. The time has finally come for them to emerge and take what they want.

Looking outside he saw that they were still on the long stretch road, still between the forested walls. Looking back at the driver he gave a small nod and felt the car pull over. 'What is going on?' Jerman growled. They always think they control and can rule everyone. it will be fun killing him.

He felt the presence of his fellow men; they were waiting for his order. He couldn’t wait to claim his prize. He couldn't wait to sink his teeth into Alexis and he smiled at the thought. He craved her blood, he want to feel it running down his chin and down his neck. 'Bring the girl to me alive and kill her mate.' Soon He promised his beast.

                                                                   ****

'Are you tired love?' Lucas whispered as he scooped her up in his arms so she could sit in his lap. They were still in the living watching a comedy she had insisted on and she couldn't even keep her eyes open to finish it. He smiled when she yawned adorably and kissed his chest. He couldn't stop staring at her, she was the most amazing, beautiful creature he had ever met and what she did this evening only proved just how special she really was.

When he had heard his babies calling for their mommy, he had been both shocked and happy. It was usual for wolves to hear their pup even in the stomach but it normally occurs further in the pregnancy, about in the 5th month or so. To hear them now means that they were developing really fast and may possibly be gifted to. He didn't understand one iota of it but he decided to just go with the flow.

One thing was for sure though he planned on visiting Marco when he put his mate to bed. 'Come let's go to bed, it's late and you had a rough day.'

'But I want to watch the movie...' she whined like a baby causing him to laugh out loud. Sighing he kissed her and let her be. He knew in a few minutes she will be out cold.

She was just about to close her eyes when she heard loud noise and people shouting. Next thing she knew Lucas had her running up the stairs with Luke, Carlos, Javier and the girls following behind. 'What’s going on?' She screamed. Lucas was actually shaking and it was scaring her. The entire place erupted in screaming and just unadulterated ruckus.