Chapter 17

Kara's room was huge. It was like her an apartment. There is a small part of her room that had a small refrigerator, she had a walk in closest bigger than her room back home, a king size bed, dresser and a small couch. If she wasn't convince they were rich now, there was no doubting it now. They settled on Kara's bed with their scratch pads to start their homework.

'I was thinking we do a drawing of nature, you know something to do with nature like animals and trees. What do you think?' Kara asked her and Alexis had the perfect idea.

'Yes, that's a great idea. I was thinking like a wolf? I'm not very artistic but I'm sure I can manage that.' she told her getting excited about drawing Fluffy. She loved the animal so much, she’s just sorry that she can't spend every afternoon with him. She wonders if she could sneak away and visit him this weekend.

'Yes! I love wolves too. You can draw him and I can do the forestry that will surround the wolf. Come let’s get started.' Kara said sharpening her pencil ready to work. She had a secret smile on her face that Alexis couldn't figure out. Shrugging, she got to work on Fluffy all the while picturing the beautiful animal in her head. She used to sketch a lot when she was younger but stopped when her mom died. Soon she lost herself in drawing and only when she heard the door opening did break her focus and looked up.

Carmen announced that dinner was ready and she told her okay. She looked at her drawing of the beautiful animal as it comes to life on paper. Only a few shadings needed to be done for the drawing of Fluffy to be completed. She can't believe how well she drew him; you could see his soul in his eyes.

'Come on let's go. We can finish later.' Kara said jumping off the bed. They made their way downstairs and Kara lead her to the left of the foyer towards a dinning where a huge table occupies. It looks like it could seat more than twenty people but only one third of the table was occupied now. Her friends were still here, Javier, Xavier, Marcus and their girlfriends were all seated next to each other on each side of the table. Alandro was seated at the head while his wife sat to his right. Kara went to sit next to her mother leaving her just standing there. She was about to go sit beside her when she felt hands on her arm and guessing by the way her body was reacting, she knew it was Lucas.

'We need to talk.' he said pulling her back out of the dining room. She knew what he wanted to talk about so she didn't move a muscle when he tried to pull her. 'I don't want to talk to you. I don't even know why we are arguing, everything was fine from the past weeks and I want it back that way again. Now I'm going to eat.'

She knew he was frustrated with her from the glare he was sending her. She shrugged it off and went to sit next to Xavier when she saw that he was going to sit next to Kara. No way was she going to sit next to him. After she sat down, she picked a piece of fried chicken and pieces of salad since she wasn't that hungry. Everyone began to eat and conversation buzzed around the table. She laughed when she heard tales of Lucas' many troubles when he was a child. Looking at him now she would give anything to see what he was like when he was just a kid. He must have been one cute baby, she mused. Seeing that he caught her staring at him she blushed and looked away. Only for seconds later, to feel a foot on hers and knew in an instant it was Lucas. She glared at him and moved it away.

Minutes pass with her trying to ignore him but he kept rubbing his foot up against her. She decided to just let him have his ‘fun’ and keep his foot on hers and just continue eating and talking with her friends. Besides it wasn't unpleasant.

A few minutes later she started to feel a little funny much like the feelings she had in her dreams or that one time in the parking lot three weeks ago. Oh no. Squirming in her seat, she tried to alleviate the tension but it only got worse. Oh crap she was starting to feel horny. What the hell? She wasn't even thinking about sex.