Chapter 36

When he got to Alexis' house, he could look right through the door and into her house. Her door was in splinters on the ground; he stepped over them and examined the damage done. It seem like Jake had put up a good fight. To think his mate was here when all this happened made his blood boil. The guys were looking around to see if they could find anything of the men that kidnapped his mate.

His phone ring and his heart skipped a beat; maybe one of the guys found her 'Please tell me you got her?'

'It's me Lucas,' his hope died when he heard the voice of Jeff. He was among five weres working at the local police station, monitoring what went on the inside and on the human side of things. Jeff and the others did damage control when any of their kind get in any legal problems. He also had weres appointed at the local hospital and even the principal at his school was one of them. 'Just want to let you know the police are on their way now because it seems that Jake had called the police before he got to you. Get what you want and leave, we are about half hour away.'

'Okay. Thanks.' He was just about to hang up when Jeff spoke again. 'I'm sorry about your mate. The boys and we will do everything we can to help out on our end.' He sighed, said thank you and hangs up the phone. He took one more smell and caught the faint scent of something rancid. He was at least grateful that it wasn't another shifter that kidnapped her. Oh he was going to kill each and every one of them.

'I got something but I don't know how effective it might be though.' He walked over to see Javier holding up a piece of shirt, it must have torn of when Jake was fighting one of the guys. They sniffed it, that same bad smell and he knew they could get a trace on it. One more perk for being a werewolf-strong sense of smell.

He didn't waste any time he quickly pulled out his phone to call Alec 'I got a trace on the kidnappers. I'm at Alexis' house but I'm going to go ahead, follow my scent and meet up with me. Also have one of the men drive my car. We will need the clothes in the trunk and Alexis will need the car.' He hang up and they quickly went outside and ran into the forest.

They didn't bother taking any clothes off; they shifted quickly tearing the clothes to shreds and took off running east. They made sure to stay deep in the forest so no one could see them but close enough to keep track off the scent as the ran along the road.

Pretty soon he heard his car revving on the road and sense that Joe was driving it. The others were running behind him trying to catch up. They must have not been far when he called. They ran for about four hours before they came to a stop. They were in a neighbouring town, Telstra. The scent had started to get stronger and he looked around and spotted a building far away from any other building, it was at the border of the town. From his point he could see some guys standing outside as if guarding the place. He took a deep smell of the place, the others following his move and he growled when he smell Alexis. His mate! He had found her!

His anger took over quickly though. Joe came to a stop by the road side and they strode over there making sure to shift back in their human forms. They quickly took out pants and short and put them on. He took a pair of jeans and put it on. When everyone was covered he led them towards the building.

He and Javier went first. The guys stopped pacing on the side walk and stare at them. 'Who the hell are you guys? And why aren't you wearing a shirt you freaks.' He didn't answer and he gave Javier a slight nod and they both attack them breaking their necks before they even saw it coming. Sniffing out the area he could smell the high levels of cocaine in the area and knew instantly this was a crack house.

The other came up to them then 'They have guns,' it wouldn't hurt them but it can be painful to get shot.  'They took my mate and your Luna. Kill them! Kill them all!' He ordered before he kicked down the door, then all hell broke loose. 'Hold on baby, I'm coming for you.'